The Wedding

Third person's P.O.V

It was almost midnight when the two girls returned to the castle. Kai was going to give Alice a lecture but was stopped by both Jay and Nya.

Alice let Melody go and clean herself up while she simply changed and grabbed her violin. She returned outside.

Positioning the violin under her chin, she began playing softly.

The notes were not only soft but beautiful with a hint of sadness.

After about 30 minutes, Kai walked out and stood beside his sister.

"That's some beautiful playing, sis," Kai said.

Alice stopped her playing and opened an eye, looking at Kai.

"Can we not have this conversation right now? I'm not in the mood," Alice sighed.

"Okay, okay," Kai raised his hands in defense.

A silence embraced the two as they looked out into the ocean.

"I've been thinking..." Kai trailed off, breaking the silence.

"Ouch. Doesn't that hurt your brain cell?" Alice joked.

Kai stared at Alice in annoyance. He's trying to do something and she's making it hard for him to do.

"Continue," Alice said, still laughing.

"You don't have to marry anyone you don't want to."

With that single sentence, Kai gained Alice's full attention.

"Seeing you when you're with this girl made me think of your happiness, not what tradition says. Maybe tradition says that you should marry a prince, but if you're happy with a princess, that's what matters most to me. That you're happy."

"Did Nya and Jay get to you?"

"...Maybe."

Alice laughed heartily.

"Did you know that Nya and Jay were together?" Kai questioned.

"Oh, yeah. I've known for a while," Alice nodded.

"We didn't want you to know because you're all about traditions and following it's rules," she added.

"You both are my family. I care about you, and I want you to be happy. If it doesn't follow the tradition, then the tradition can be changed," Kai said.

Alice hugged Kai tightly, and no, there wasn't a tear shed through either of the sibling's eyes. That they'd admit it, of course.

"Thanks, Kai," Alice smiled, letting him go.

Kai returned the smile and turned to return to the castle to bed.

"Get some sleep," he said without looking back.

Alice huffed a laugh as he left eyesight.

Thinking what Kai said, she glanced at Melody's window, spying the girl comb her hair with a fork. Melody brushed her long blue hair a few times before leaving for bed.

Alice smiled dreamily and sighed.

She glanced down at her violin with a frown, and then threw it as hard as she could into the ocean.

She turned to leave towards the castle, to tell Melody how she feels and perhaps kiss her, but she was stopped.

By a voice...

A voice so gorgeous that Alice turned back around and looked towards where the voice came from.

"Melody!" the seagull from the other night flew into Melody's room the next morning.