Mother

Third person's P.O.V

"I just don't know what to do with you, Melody," a pink mermaid sighed from in front of Melody.

The white skinned mermaid had long straight hot pink hair, a pastel pink seashell bra and tail, and pink eyes. A white pearl necklace sat on her neck. She also wore a rose gold tiara and held a jewelled scepter in her hand.

It was an aurora borealis fleur rhinestone gold scepter.

"Mom, I just forgot!" Melody defended.

"As a result of your careless behavior-" Queen Serenity said.

"Your careless and reckless behavior," her advisor, an otter named Spirit, interjected.

"The entire celebration was...!" Serenity continued, trying to find the right word.

"Well, it was ruined! That's it! A complete disaster!" Spirit swam up to Melody.

"This concert was going to be the pinnacle of distinguished career," Spirit dramatically held a hand against her forehead while the other was at her side.

"Now because of you I am the laughing stock of the entire kingdom!" Spirit cried, pointing to Melody.

"It wasn't her fault!" Delphi protested, having enough of accusations thrown at her friend.

"Uh..." Delphi backtracked a few steps away from the queen and the furry otter.

"We were at this ship, a shark attacked us. We almost became it's lunch, but we outsmarted it," Delphi hastily explained.

"Ship?" Serenity questioned.

Delphi shut her mouth quickly and swam behind Melody, who was glaring at her.

"Please don't tell me you were finding more human objects," Serenity facepalmed.

"It was only two this time," Melody shrugged.

Serenity's eyes began to hold a touch of anger as she left her scepter on the chair that she sat in, and swam to her daughter.

"Oh, Melody. How many times must we go through this? If you get too curious and go to the surface, you may be seen by one of those barbarians, by one of those - humans," Serenity lectured.

"Mom, they're not barbarians!" Melody protested.

"They're dangerous! You think I want to see my little girl snared by one of their hooks?" Serenity added.

"I'm 16 years old! I'm not a child anymore!" Melody was raising her voice without meaning to.

"Don't take that tone of voice with me!" Serenity yelled.

"But if you would just listen-!" Melody tried one last time to catch her attention.

"Not another word, Melody! As long as you live under my ocean, you live by my rules. I don't want you to ever go looking for human objects again, or going to the surface, is that clear!?" Serenity finished.

Melody tensed up, then a split second later, she broke down in tears, leaving the room as fast as she could, Delphi right behind her.

Serenity sighed, her anger departing her as she sat back in her chair, chin in her hand. Spirit landed on the other armrest.

"Teenagers," Spirit said, catching the queen's attention.

"They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you," she continued.

"You don't think I was too hard on her?" Serenity asked.

"Definitely not! If Melody was my daughter, I'd show her who was boss. None of this dangerous adventures and human nonsense. No ma'am, I'd keep her under tight control," Spirit responded.