Chapter 26: A Bad Feeling About This

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka was sitting talking to Lux in their room when the news came.

They were talking about Lux's business as a Senator when Saw burst through the door.

Both of them looked at him.

"Uh... knock?" Ahsoka remarked.

"Look," said Saw, "I know I probably should have knocked, but I have some good news. Dooku is dead!"

"Dooku is dead!?" Lux and Ahsoka said at the same time as each other.

"Finally!" Lux said. "That old brat got what he deserves! That's for my mother, you old man!"

But Ahsoka had a different feeling about the news. All of a sudden, she had a headache, as if the force was trying to tell her something. She put her hand against her head.

"Hey, Saw?" She asked.

"Yeah?" Saw replied.

"Who exactly killed him?"

"Well," said Saw, "It was none other than your former master, I believe."

For some reason, instead of being proud of her master, she felt... worried. She could swear that she could almost hear the voice of her master, but she couldn't make out what it was.

"That's... neat," Ahsoka said. "Either way, this will go a long way to ending the Clone Wars."

Saw looked concerned.

"Ahsoka," he said, "you... don't sound so glad to hear this news."

"Yeah," Lux chimed in, "She's been acting strange ever since she's been getting those visions."

"What visions?" Saw asked.

Ahsoka looked at Lux, as if to say, "don't tell him."

"Er, visions of her future self," lied Lux, "she's worried about the choices she has to make for her future."

"Oh, I see," Saw said.

Lux winked at Ahsoka.

"Yeah," Ahsoka added, "I... encountering Dooku here was a pretty important thing for me, and with him dead..."

Saw nodded.

"I'll never fully understand the visions you Jedi get," he said, "but... I get it, I guess. Either way, it looks like the Republic is winning right now, so that's good."

"Well," Ahsoka said, "See you later."

"Okay," Saw said, as he walked out the door.

Ahsoka breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey, Ahsoks," Lux said, "why didn't you want me to tell him?"

"Fate is very... delicate," Ahsoka said. "I... I don't know if anyone else should know. If my visions are wrong, I don't want to cause paranoia. And besides... agh, I just cant seem to put my finger on it."

"Well," Lux said, "okay, I guess, if that's how you feel..."

There was a moment of silence.

"Say," Lux continued, "why weren't you happy when you heard Dooku was dead?"

"I can't put my finger on that either," Ahsoka said. "Besides, it's not the Jedi way to celebrate death."

"You're not a Jedi," Lux said.

"No," Ahsoka said, "but maybe I still can become one."