Chapter 2 - Part Two

I am tense. I try to just send normal muscle information to my legs so they can move. Ian is walking by my side and I can see that he still has that little corner smile on his face, even though he's not looking at me.

What? So he can't stop smiling now? What's this guy's deal?

When we get to the bar, he asks me. "What would you like to drink, Samantha?"

It's so weird hearing him say my name. I listened to him singing the whole show tonight and I was too worried to realize how beautiful his voice was.

"Hm... A beer would be fine, thank you." I smile.

He smiles back and orders two beers. We seat at the bar, waiting for our order to come and he starts to talk.

"So, you didn't know me and Dom were brothers?" He asks me with the little corner smile and raising a brow at me.

I flush. So he noticed that.

"No, I think someone forgot to mention that to me." I answer, sounding a little too shy.

He laughs. Oh my. He's so beautiful laughing.

"I think everybody who knows the band knows that we're brothers... Plus, didn't the fact that we have the same surname give anything away?" He raises a brow again, with an amused smile on his face.

I flush. What's wrong with me? I never flush.

"Hm... I didn't know your last name until today." I bite my lip, feeling my face burn and I look down, too shy to face his eyes.

"Oh, so I guess you don't know the band so well." He turns his eyes from me to look to the barman who's handing our drinks, but he still keeps the same corner smile, with an amused look now on his eyes.

"I'm sorry. My cousin is the big fan here. I've listened to some of your songs and they're amazing. I don't know the band so much, but I loved the show tonight." I try to explain myself, trying to put a smile at the end of my sentence.

He smiles.

"That's okay. I'm glad you came. Hope you can start getting to know us better after tonight." And there's the corner smile again.

"I definitely will." I smile back.

He doesn't say anything and he smiles, just staring at me. Then, out of nowhere, he stops and frowns. He looks into my eyes for a while, like he's looking for something in there and then he finally speaks.

"Are you Scottish?"

What?

I frown. "Why would I be Scottish?"

Where is this coming from?

"Do you have some family in Scotland? Or do you know anyone from there?" He still frowning.

And so am I. "Why are you asking me that?"

"Your last name... Skye... is an island in Scotland." He stops and stares at me for a while. "And you look like someone I know."

Oh.

"No, I'm not Scottish. And even though my mom is also a redhead, I don't believe we have any relatives in Scotland."

He keeps frowning for a while and he doesn't remove his eyes from me. He keeps staring at me, like he's searching for something inside my eyes.

I start holding my breath, not sure of why I am holding it, but his look is so intense. I feel like if I move or breathe, something might happen.

And then he speaks again.

"Where's your friend?" He finally takes his eyes from mine to start looking around the room. I frown again, trying to understand what the hell was that about, but then I follow his eyes and we start to look around, looking for Claire. But I can't find her anywhere.