Chapter 11 - Part Two

Black leather pants, a white top, a jeans jacket and black boots. I stare at myself in the mirror of the restaurant's lady's room looking like a girl who just walked out of a rock concert. The golden cross around my neck is the only good-girl part of this look. The clothes fit perfectly but I feel a little bit uncomfortable in leather pants, because they completely contour the shape of my legs. I have a slim body, but I thank God I was working out before coming to Miami, otherwise, I would've not been able to wear this top where half of my abs are showing up. I take a deep breath and a bite on my lower lip trying to find courage to leave the bathroom, because no matter how presumptuous he was... I look sexy as hell.

I decide to go bold and leave the bathroom holding the jacket on my hands and showing my belly off as it was meant to. When Ian sees me, I can see that his jaw drops slightly open right before he removes his glasses from his eyes to look at me from top to bottom.

"Well, now that's a Harley's girl." He smiles at me while handing me one of the helmets.

I give him a confident smile and grab the helmet. "Where to?"

He stops for a while, still smiling, until he finally answers. "Does it matter?"

I smile back, not saying anything because I now realize... I trust him.

I hop up on the back of the motorcycle and hold myself onto Ian's waist. I can feel the smell of his perfume on his shirt, he smells so sweet and even though I can't see his face right now... I know for sure he has that corner smile on his face.

The feeling is amazing. The wind blowing on my face and throwing my hair all round. I feel so light it's like I'm almost flying. I close my eyes to feel the harsh breeze and the smell of salt coming from the sea and getting inside my helmet. I have my jacket on but I can still feel the sunlight on my skin. I open my eyes again and stare at the sea at my side, passing by us so fast, but still so blue. It's a beautiful day, there's not a single cloud in the sky and I can only think that I have no papers to write, no exams to study to, no extras hours on the lab. It's seems like forever, but after so long... I finally feel free.

It takes almost 40 minutes to get to our destination. I held on to Ian's waist all the way and it was like I could almost see the amusement on his face knowing that I was grabbed on to him.

He removes his helmet and says "We're here."

I remove mine too, trying to get my hair back together knowing the wind made a complete mess out of it. "Where are we?"

"We're in Fort Lauderdale. We're a little distant from the city, the beaches here are emptier and calmer. I thought it would be nice to enjoy the view without so many people around." He answers me while getting out of the motorcycle.

He helps me get out of it too and we begin walking down the shore. There are a few kids playing around and some couples walking holding hands.

"It's beautiful. You're right, it's nice to go to some place calmer sometimes." I say while looking at the ocean by my side.

"I thought you might like it. Plus, sometimes... I kind that need to get away from crowded places, you know? Have some time to myself."

I turn my face to look at Ian who's walking beside me. I see that he's bothered by what he said.

"And do you? Get to have some time to yourself?"

"Well, it's hard. Everywhere you go there's someone who recognizes you. That's why most of the time I have sunglasses on my face." He laughs, but there's not much amusement in his voice. "And even though, there's so many people, sometimes it just feels... lonely."