Happy Birthday Avery

A/N: This is mature, you have been warned.
Basically, any sweet bits or bits about the characters/settings are mine and well the smut and just yeah are Kaz. Can we have a moment for her because she hasn't read or watched a single divergent thing so thank you so much for helping me. Avery I love you so much so I finally did proper smut rather than that namby pamby excuse for smut. I wasn't quite expecting this but hey it's Kaz I should have known. Don't worry there are some really soft bits too. Have a great birthday wifey and don't get too scared lmfao. factionlessfeminist
Find Kaz's stories on archive of our own under the user lyrisadvst.

Evelyn stormed down the corridor at a rapid pace huffing with each step she took.

Jeanine heard Evelyn coming from quite the distance, even with her modest type clothes including her flats, it wasn't difficult to make her out.

Then again they were in Erudite Headquarters, so there was hardly any difficulty in picking her out.

Evelyn was hot headed as usual and didn't even give Jeanine a second look before storming past her, radiating anger.

One word, well specifically name, came to mind when Jeanine saw this. Marcus. Typical, yet hardly surprising. He was a complete and utter arsehole that she hardly wanted to ever think about.

Jeanine sighed as she spun on her heels. She always managed to do that with an edge to it that was always intriguing. She quickly followed the figure in grey amongst the sea of blue and hissed her name with some softness at the end.

"Evelyn..." Jeanine sighed when she got a half-hearted response and she quickly sped up to Evelyn before turning around to block her from moving forward any further.

"Let me past Jeanine." Evelyn requested quietly, she sounded tired.

"No." Jeanine crossed her arms.

"I am the wife of Marcus Eaton, you will let me past." Evelyn attempted to assert dominance over the representative that could do nothing more but beg to be heard.

Jeanine arched an eyebrow, "You are in Erudite headquarters, we don't take orders from Abnegation and really? 'I am the wife of Marcus Eaton'? We aren't scared of him here. We know better."

Evelyn knew Jeanine was right. Erudite had become increasingly bold with their moves against the council and she knew that sooner or later, Jeanine would seize control.

"Well..." she didn't really know what to say.

Jeanine smiled a little and carefully took her arm to guide her into the glass walled office of Erudite leadership. "Come on." she coaxed.

Evelyn gave in and let herself be taken into the office. Her and Jeanine went back too far for her to attempt to walk away from the encounter. It had been a bad idea coming to Erudite anyway but she had just dropped Tobias off at school.

She had thought that she could sneak into the area of the library that she had claimed as her's as a teenager. A small corner of the vast and intimidating building. The building that used to have Norton's face watch over it that now had her high school girlfriend do the exact same thing. She had always known that Jeanine would become Erudite leader, everyone did, but she couldn't help but wish that she hadn't. If she hadn't, Evelyn wouldn't have to see her once every two months.

"Why do you even care?" the brunette asked, watching as Jeanine took her seat behind the steel desk.

Jeanine shrugged, "I've always cared about you Evelyn, you know that."

"Everyone says that you don't care about anyone." she challenged.

"Why are you so defensive today? What has he done this time?"