The Ball

Evelyn gazes at Jeanine, stunned by how beautiful she looks. The Erudite leader has just returned from an inter-faction ball that Evelyn wasn't allowed to attend. Jeanine isn't really the girly type but she goes all out for galas and balls, she always looks stunning.

This time, Jeanine had opted for a long aqua dress that has a ball gown-like skirt. The sleeves are off the shoulder and are decorated with small, fake, jewels. Her hair is tied up in a braided bun and two loose bits frame her face. Although slightly hidden by her metal rimmed glasses, her eye makeup is a bolder shade of blue than normal and has silver glitter applied over the top. Her lips are coated in red liquid lipstick that has outstanding durability. Evelyn is completely lost for words.

"Hey." Jeanine smiles, shutting the door behind her. "How long have you been waiting here?"

Evelyn clears her throat and shrugs, "I left about an hour after Marcus did. Is he still there?"

"Yes he has to stay for the clean up and well I got away two hours early so I could see you."

"I can't believe you would leave a public event for me."

"I would do anything for you Evelyn, I thought you knew that." Jeanine sits down next to her on the comfy sofa and moves a lock of dark brown hair out of the way of equally dark eyes.

"I know I just sometimes find it hard to believe that's all."

Jeanine's heart aches for Evelyn. She cares so much for her, she wishes that Evelyn could see that.

Jeanine sadly smiles and slowly nods her head, "I know it is." She takes her hands. "I wish it wasn't though."

Evelyn laces their fingers together, "Me too... you look stunning by the way Jean."

Jeanine blushes, she has always struggled with compliments. Both her parents and Norton taught her that they mean nothing and she must earn any sort of praise and even then it is just a quick 'well done' or 'it could have gone worse'. Her body is also something that she struggles with so she finds it almost impossible to believe anything positive said about it.

"Thank you... and my name is Jeanine, why do you Abnegations always insist on shortening it? Andrew even did it when we were in school."

Eveln grins, "I'll make you like nicknames someday Erudite and it isn't just Abnegation, it's literally all factions but Erudite."

Jeanine rolls her eyes, "Hmm well I wish you all the best with that."

Evelyn laughs lightly.

They both go silent and begin to stare into each other's eyes.

Evelyn breaks the silence about a minute later, "Do you know what makes this different from other affairs?"

"What?" Jeanine asks, beginning to play with Evelyn's hair.

Evelyn relaxes into the touch before explaining her train of thought, "Well, most affairs are just about sex, that's why Marcus has them anyway, but I love you. We talk. We love each other. It's just different."

Jeanine smirks, "So what you are saying," she crawls on top of Evelyn, catching her off guard. "is that I am different from other dirty secrets because I am a dirty secret that you love."

Jeanine begins to plant a trial of kisses from the top of Evelyn's neck to her ear.

Evelyn grins, "Something like that."

The blonde looks her in the eyes, "Well I am flattered."

She sits back up and moves off of Evelyn.

"What happened there?" Evelyn asked, confused at why Jeanine stopped.

Jeanine grins, "You said we talk."

Evelyn hits her lightly on the arm.

"Fuck you."

"No Evelyn we can't fuck, we talk."

"I swear to God Matthews!"

"Blasphemy." Jeanine points out.

"Yeah well clearly I break a lot of those rules."

"Clearly."

"Come on," Evelyn sits up and whispers in her ear, "help me break one more today."

"You are insatiable." Jeanine murmurs.

"Mhm."

She pulls Jeanine in for a long kiss.