3005

"Jeanine!" Evelyn waved when she spotted her girlfriend from across the room.

Jeanine stopped talking to Andrew and walked over with a broad smile on her face.

Evelyn kissed her cheek and Jeanine giggled.

"Evelyn," her eyes darted around, "there are people around."

"They don't care." Evelyn replied, grabbing Jeanine's face and kissing her.

"Evelynnn." Jeanine whined, she had a persona to keep up.

"Ok, ok." Evelyn surrendered, letting go off Jeanine.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Wow." Evelyn muttered.

"Wow." Jeanine agreed.

"This will be us in a year." Evelyn whispered.

"I know." Jeanine gulped.

"Please follow me!" Announced their teacher, breaking the two teens out of their thoughts.

The doors opened to reveal a large room. In the middle was a raised platform with 5 bowls on a table. One for each faction. There were five sections of seats that were mostly empty and they were lead to one in the middle left. Jeanine and Evelyn took the seats next to Andrew and a girl they didn't know well. Tori came and sat next to Evelyn.

The teacher coughed and clapped her hands together to get her classes attention, "People will be arriving soon so I expect you to be on your best behaviour just like Erudites should be."

"Yes Dr Williams." replied the class in a monotonous unison.

She gave her class a forced smile and took the seat next to Tori, Evelyn watched as she tensed up and gave her friend a sympathetic smile.

Dr Williams was correct and soon enough the room became full of people from every faction, all distinguished by their colours.

"Jeanine." Evelyn whispered.

Jeanine didn't like the idea of talking when the teacher was only two seats away but answered her anyway, "Yes Evelyn?"

"What's going to happen to us?" Evelyn's voice sounded timid and afraid.

Jeanine knew exactly what she meant but rather than confronting it she feigned ignorance, "What are you talking about Evelyn?"

"You know what I am talking about."

Jeanine sighed, "I don't know Evelyn."

Evelyn knew that it was an inappropriate time for this conversation and turned her head towards the platform their leader was making their way towards.

"That'll be you one day." Evelyn whispered, indicating to Norton.

Jeanine had to stifle a shocked laugh, "Don't be ridiculous!"

"It will be." Evelyn left no room for argument and turned back towards the platform.

"She's right." Andrew whispered.

Good old Andrew thought Evelyn, always there to encourage anyone.

Norton began a speech about the importance of the Faction System, it wasn't Erudite's turn to host but each leader still had to give a speech. Evelyn watched as Jeanine took in everything that Norton said. The way she sat up even straighter. The way her eyes widened. It filled her with pride. She knew she was right, Jeanine would be Erudite Leader after Norton passed away and she couldn't be prouder.

After all the other leaders had spoken the Abnegation leader took to the stage and gave a speech.

"Faction before blood." he concluded.