Soulmates pt.2(MewGulf)

Here's the 2nd part.

______________________________________________

Between all that arguing I had somehow moved from liking him to loving him and it sucked. Why did I have to fall for him of all people. I knew what he thought of unmarked relationships and the chance of him turning out to be my soulmate was close to none. 

I was drowning in my misery, feeling bad for myself when I heard a knock and Mild let himself in.

"Gulf? What happened? Why did you leave?" Mild started out screaming but toned it down when he saw my face. Not wanting to talk about it I just said it's nothing and that I just felt unwell. But him being him, he saw past my lies easily.

"Gulf. Tell me what happened." He said with an intense gaze on me.

"OK! I saw Mew with that girl, Eye there."

"Why would it affect you? Didn't you say you hate him." He teased. I would seriously love to beat him up someday. He knows just how to push my buttons.

"Fine. I admit it. I like him. A lot." I confessed looking down. 

"Gulf, don't look down like it's something to be ashamed off. It's not. No one can help feelings." His words just broke the dam I was trying to hold and cried.

"B-But, it's my birthday tomorrow and I may find my soulmate and I'm pretty sure he's not. He may have already found his soulmate. It could be that girl." I sobbed.

"It's okay Gulf. She probably isn't." His voice had a slight smugness. Why the hell is he so pleased. I decided to ignore it. "Just focus on having fun tomorrow. Don't think about him or a soulmate. Think about yourself and how to be happy." He said on a more serious note.

"Shiaa, since when did you become good at giving advice?" I asked in mock surprise. We talked a bit more before deciding to call it a night. It was difficult, but I managed to get some sleep as all the emotional exhaustion caught up to me.

The next day, I got ready, answering calls from a lot of people giving birthday wishes. I just wanted to switch off my phone and not move. But life sucks. I met with my friends enjoying the day. Or at least trying to enjoy the day. I did not have many lectures so I just decided to head home and look over the preparations for the night.

*Time Skip* ('cause I'm lazyyyy)

It was time for people to come. Mild and I were at the door because according to my parents it's basic "Mannerisms" and "Respecting our guests". We were talking mindlessly while waiting for everyone to come. I couldn't deny the excitement I was starting to feel as the time for my soulmark to appear was approaching. 

My friends soon started coming in and greeting me, handing me gifts. The party fully started then, everyone dancing, some couples grinding on each other. Thank goodness my parents weren't home. 

I was mingling with people joking around and turned around to see the most dazzling sight of all. Mew. He looked gorgeous. His blue suit fitting him perfectly. He looked something out of a fantasy and Delicious...Aii Gulf stop thinking about him. Remember, soulmate. Destiny. But he looks soooo good. I averted my eyes before he noticed me and I made a fool of myself. 

I was trying to have fun as Mild advised but I always saw Mew at the corner of my eye and that made it really tough for me especially when I saw Mew sneaking glances at me or that's what I thought it was. But then I saw that girl approach him and lace her hands through his whispering something in his ear. It was a wrecking sight for me. I was about to excuse myself and go to the bathroom but the bell tinged reminding everyone that it was time for the cake cutting and that meant time for my soul mark to appear. I was really nervous as the adrenaline kicked in. I was sweating buckets, weirdly fearing my mark. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Mild giving me a reassuring smile. I looked around to see everyone staring at me, some girls and guys having what I could call hope in their eyes.