Chapter Six

Unknown's perspective

I had decided to follow the mayor to see where he and the others were taking her. I wasn't sure what they were going to do to her, but I had a pretty good idea, so I followed them up to this little forest near the town border. Now I'm here hiding behind a bush making sure no one can see me, nevertheless I still get this feeling that someone is watching me occasionally. However not one of them, but someone behind the border. I look over, letting my eyes search the black area behind the shield, looking for movement, or a silhouette. I can't make out what it is, but I can see something move in the darkness. It's probably an animal, but why would an animal be looking at me? Everyone thinks it's a demon on the other side, but I don't believe that's true, no I take that back. I believe it's true, I just don't believe the reason he is stuck there is true. All the stories are made up to make sure we don't leave the town, like a scary bedtime story for a child, I'm sure of it. The only other person who thought the same as me has disappeared. No one knows where she is, she just disappeared yesterday morning. Her parents couldn't find her, not that they were looking to hard. She isn't hiding here somewhere, it's too little of a town for that. So she was just gone.

I am pulled out of my train of thoughts as the priest starts to speak up. "I banish you from the town of Ashbourne for eternity." His words are old fashioned almost as if they are pulled straight from the bible itself. "You are to never return to this place. You have to take the punishment for your sins." The two guys holding her lifts her up, and start to swing her a little to get power into the throw. The same feeling from earlier was back, someone's eyes are on mine, but I can't find them, and right now I can't get myself to focus on it. They let go of her arms and she flies through the shield and disappears into the darkness.

I can't do anything but stare at her as she crashes into the ground on the other side. The girl I've had a crush on since we were twelve had just been thrown away, and I most likely am never going to see her again. I know what she is and what she has done to make this happen, but I know she's a good person, and even though I might be slightly scared of her at the time, that won't change the way I feel about her. She will always be the same old Alexandra.

I wait until everyone is gone to try and talk to her. They didn't throw her that far making it easier to talk to her. She hasn't stood up yet, she is just laying there in the same position she fell in.

After everyone was gone I stand up and start to walk closer to the border to get a better view of her, but when I finally can see her clearly someone else is already there beside her. I can hear them talking, but I can't fully make out the words. Alexandra is trying to make sure there is a distance between her and the girl, but something triggered her and she snaps. You can see it as her eyes become clearer than ever, and her veins stand out beneath her eyes. She is hungry, and the only thing able to stop her thirst is blood, in this situation the girls' blood. I know what she will do, but I still hope she is able to push back the urge. But I was wrong, I understand that as she jumps up on the dark-haired girl before her. I can her teeth biting through the surface of the skin on the poor girls' neck. She started screaming bloody murder, as the pain crept through her body, making it freeze in panic.

I didn't react right away, only being able to take in the situation happening before me, but reality quickly struck and I am able to move. "No!" I scream out, and then whiteout thinking at all I run, I run over the border and push Alexandra of the unknown girl. Alexandra falls to the side, and I quickly catch the unconscious girl before she hits the ground. I start shaking her and give her weak claps on the cheek trying to get a reaction out of her. Nevertheless, I got none, none what so ever. She still has a pulse, but just barely.

I move my attention away from the girl in my arms and look up at Alexandra in shock. "How could you do that to an Innocent girl?" I asked not believing what she just did. Just seconds ago I was thinking about how good of a person she is, and then this happens. I know she didn't mean to, but she still did. My voice was louder than I wanted it to be, but I am still a little freaked out over almost witnessing someone being killed.