Thursday

It's been a month since I've seen Betty. Mom's funeral is next weekend and I know I will see Betty before then. She's in my class. It's the last semester before I'm out of school forever. Thank God. I see Betty walk into my first class and I speed up so I can get a seat next to her. Cheryl is on the other side of her, to my surprise but I take a seat next to her.
"Betty, I have something for you," I say, reaching into my bag and pulling out a white rose, her favourite."
Her hard expression softened as she took the rose from my hand. "Juggie I-"
"Betty, you don't have to say anything I want to apologize. I want to apologize for everything I said and did to you when we were young. It was wrong and disgusting, but I really like you, and before Cheryl can say anything, no it's not because Veronica has a boyfriend. When I got home I didn't remember you. I know how horrible that sounds, but I didn't. When I saw Veronica I didn't have feelings for her before or after I knew about Sweetpea. I wanted to see you. I found pictures of us when we were kids and all I wanted to do was find you."
Betty smiles at me. "Jug, I just think out past is too complicated to be fixed."
"Betty, I won't stop fighting for you. I care about you. I miss you."
"Jughead, stand up." She says and I do. I chuckle and she wraps her arms around my torso. "I forgive you."
"Betty, will you go to dinner with me tomorrow night?"
"No, I want to stay in and order a pizza."
I smile. "I like that idea."
"I'm coming." Cheryl says, standing up.
"Oh, okay, it can be a double date. Bring Toni." Betty says.
"No, I'm bringing Veronica and Archie. Like old times." She responds with a smile as our professor walks in.