Prologue (part one)

one month

"what's her name?" the seventy year old asked the new mother.

"jordan rose." the brown haired sixteen year old said, admiring her new daughter.

"and how old is she now?" the lady clapped her hands together, admiring the sleeping jordan rose parks.

"she turned a month yesterday." the mother replied, smiling.

"well it is very nice of you to watch her for her mother." the lady looked up to see the sixteen year old.

"oh no, you don't understand, i am her mother." the sixteen year old laughed.

"but you are only, what, sixteen?!" the lady said in shock.

"i am indeed sixteen years old." the mother nodded.

"that's wrong to have a child at such a young age!" the woman spat at the teen.

"maybe to you, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me." the sixteen year old stated, resisting the urge to punch the woman.

"did your parents agree to this?" the lady questioned.

"of course they-" the teen started only to get cut off by someone yelling her name.

"oh, alice, there you are! i thought i lost you in the store!" a man ran up to them.

"sorry rodger but this lady just came up to me and asked about our baby." alice smiled at the man named rodger.

"this is the father?" the lady questioned in disgust.

"is there a problem ma'am?" Rodger said, trying to be polite.

"the problem is that you two should have never had a child. you are too young." the lady's voice was laced with disgust.

"if it's a problem that we are teen parents then you can stop talking to us." rodger hissed.

and with that the lady stormed off and continued her grocery shopping.

one year

"happy birthday to you. happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear jordan. happy birthday to you!" the family sang to the now one year old as she sat in her high chair.

the one year old reached out to the cake and took a handful of it and ate it. most of the cake only ended up on her face. the family clapped.

"thanks for the cake mom, its amazing." alice said, grabbing her own plate of cake.

"no problem hunny." the mother of alice smiled.

"hey Rodger, do you want some cake?" alice's father asked as he cut some more cake.

"no thank you, mr. william." Rodger nodded.

"thank you for having us over." rodgers parents said, beaming with joy.

"it was our pleasure." alice's mother smiled handing them cake. "where is catrina?"

"she is probably up in her room, i will go get her." alice said, putting down her plate with a half eaten slice of cake.

"No you enjoy your daughters party."

two years and three months

the little girl hugged her stuffed animal. she was sitting in her crib waiting for her mother to come back.