0.8

i'm at the park. my eyes searching the crowd for the familiar blonde head. "areum!" i looked at the direction of the voice. a smile immediately formed on my face and i waved a little. i walked over to him and sat down next to him. "hi," i greeted him. "hey," he smiled back. "you didn't have to do all this you know... i was the one who suggested us to hangout. we could've just gotten coffee and thi-" he cut me off. "oh shush. i broke into your house twice. so the first repay was that day from that guy and now this is the second repay. so just shush and accept it okay"

yeonjun and i have been talking since the day we exchanged numbers. its been about a week. we decided on a date to hangout when both of us were free enough to. i wanted to repay him for saving me that day but seems like it's the other way around now. he was one of the nicest guys i've ever met. considering i'm somebody who can't make friends easily because i'm awkward and am naturally unable to carry on conversations, he made me feel really comfortable. like i've known him for years.

we talked about anything and everything. munching on our foods, we made the best of our time. "so you basically got the entire paint tub dumped on you?" when he nodded, i burst out laughing. "why do you think my hair is dyed like this? my scalp is probably going to die," i burst into laughter again. when i calmed down, my hands made its way onto his hair. "it's nice though. i like it. it suits you," we smiled at each other.

"who was that guy?" he questioned and i froze. "oh it's.. a friend... like he said," i forced a smile. "are we going somewhere else?" I asked to not get asked more questions. he seemed to not buy my answer but brushed it off anyway. "let's go to the movies. i've got tickets for a romcom," i smiled and stood up, brushing away any dirt that could've gotten on me. "let's go," we walked towards his car, a comfortable silence lingering around us.

"so you like romcoms?" he spoke, his eyes focused on the road. "they're my favorite!" i clapped my hands a little. he let out a chuckle. "so you're into the lovesick kinda stuff huh?" i turned my body towards him. "why? you don't like em?" he glanced at me for a mere second, turning his attention back on the road. "i mean it all feels so cheesy. like the same old lines of 'i'm going to be with you till i die'" he faked a gag making me laugh. "it's not that bad," he scoffed.

"what is your favorite genre?" i asked. "oh well, i don't really watch movies?" he let it out almost like a question. "seriously?" i looked at him. "well i don't really get time. i'm always busy with drawing something or painting them. its never free. ever," confusion took over me. "but taehyung doesn't spend that much time and he loves to draw and paint just as much as you. i guess you love it more than i imagined," i mumbled. my eyes lit up. "oh speaking of taehyung! he was jealous of me today you know why?" i asked him. "i don't know areum. tell me why," i giggled at the thought of what happened. "he wanted to hangout with you! he was mad at me. that boy is so whipped for you oh my god it's hilarious,"

yeonjun frowned. "why is it so hilarious? i mean what's there not to like about me? i'm smart, i'm handsome, can draw, sing, rap, dance, write lyrics but only sometimes-" i cut him off. "hold up. hold the freaking biscuit up. you can sing, rap, dance and write lyrics?!" i looked at him wide eyed. "i can also compose and produce a few," he spoke proudly. "and you didn't even bother telling me this?!" he shrugged. "it isn't that important. let's go. we're here," i unbuckled my seatbelt, my eyes not leaving him. "you're so talented i'm jealous," i mumbled and got out. his laugh echoed in the background with me still trying to process what he said. its not possible to be that talented.

we bought the tickets and walked up to the snacks area. scanning the food in front of us, we grabbed anything we thought would taste good. "oh guys?" we turned to the owner of the voice. i felt yeonjun get protective over me, his arm snakes around my waist, pulling me closer to him. our bodies now pressed together. my heartbeat picked up speed and i felt weak. not because of the man in front. but because of the man next to me.

"hi... jeongguk right?" yeonjun spoke for me. the boy in front nodded. "you guys on a date?" i nodded. "i should leave you guys to it then. have fun!" before i could stop myself, the words tumbled down on its own. "you should join!" why. did. i. say. that. yeonjun looked down at me, his grip getting tighter. "oh no it's okay areum. you guys enjoy your date," he was about to leave when a voice stopped him.

"no let's go together jeongguk. after all," he made eye contact with me. "your friend wants you to," he said before walking away. he's mad isn't he?