1.1

the night yeonjun and i went for dinner ended great. we both got to know a little more about each other. we laughed till we couldn't anymore and planned about what we would do the next time we would hangout. he promised to teach me dance and i promised to teach him bowling.

i smiled to myself and waited a little impatiently patient for him to come pick me up. today we were going to the arcade. i'm so excited. "what you smiling about?" taehyung ruffled my hair and sat down next to me. "i'm going out," i smiled. "with?" he took a spoonful of his cereal. "yeonjun," he choked. i patted his back. "why am i never invited?" he whined and i laughed. "why do you not ask him rather?" i patted his cheeks as he pouted.

he nudged my arm and i saw a teasing smile on his face. "what's going on between you two?" i felt my cheeks heat up and my eyes widened. "w-what are you talking about? nothings going on. he's a friend," i laughed awkwardly. "you sure?" he dragged the 'sure'. "yes," i replied with hesitation. "but you want to be more?" i shook my head no. again with much hesitation. he sighed and looked down disappointingly.

"do you like the color blue?"
"yes"
"do you like night time?"
"yes tae"
"you love writing,"
"yes taehyung,"
"you like it when i call you bub or bubba"
i smiled. "yes"
"so you also like mr.choi"
"yes"

"ha! i knew it!" my eyes widened and i shook my head frantically. taehyung got up and stood in front of me. he started doing a silly dance while continuously chanting that i have a crush on yeonjun. the doorbell rang and before i could even say anything, taehyung dashed towards it with me hot on his heels. "TAEHYUNG I SWEAR-" he already opened the door greeting the boy in front. "hi hyung!" i looked between the two. "when did you guys get so close?" i furrowed my eyebrows.

my brother turned to me with a weird smile. "enjoy your date bubba," he emphasized on the word date and pushed me into the boy at the doorway. luckily for me, he actually helped me stable myself rather than making a fool of myself. "aww you guys are so cute," taehyung said that before slamming the door in our faces. "your brother is..." yeonjun trailed off. "weird. i know. should we go now?" he nodded his head and we started walking towards our destination. halfway through our walk, he laced his fingers through mine. i tried my best to ignore anything i felt within me just by that single touch.

when we reached the arcade, i immediately let go of his hand and rushed myself inside. reaching the bowling area, i waited for the boy who was taking his pretty time getting here. he put his hands in his pocket and waited for me to start speaking. "ready to lose choi?" i smirked and so did he. "i don't lose kim," he pushed my shoulder lightly before moving forward and grabbing a bowling ball. "watch me," oh boy i am. he let the ball go and it hit none of the pins. i burst out laughing. "watch me," i imitated him. "you got nothing," he huffed out a breath and glared at me. "show me what you got then," i straightened my posture and walked confidently. letting the ball go, i turned around and dusted off his shoulder and winked at him. "how did you-" he stood there looking back and forth between the new batch of neatly piled pins and me.

he slowly walked towards, eyes focused on his shoes. "so can you teach me?" he looked up with puppy eyes and i couldn't resist it. "you're so cute," i squashed his cheeks and asked him to follow me. when i felt his presence next to me, i let him get a hold of the ball and held his arm. teaching him all he needs to know before he let go off it making him get a strike. i jumped a little and clapped my hands. "you did it!" i faced him to see he was already looking at me, a soft smile playing on his lips. "all thanks to you," i felt a shy smile creeping on me. "try it by yourself now," i urged him. he seemed hesitant at first but did it anyway. he might not have gotten a strike but at least he got something. "you're staring,"
he tapped my cheek and walked to the next stop.

we spent hours playing multiple games and since both of us are extremely competitive, things got heated up real quick. "you cheated!" he accused me. "no i didn't. you're just a sore loser," i stuck out a tongue at him. "go away. i don't talk with cheaters," he mumbled and sat down on one of the chairs nearby, sulking. i chuckled. "i know what would make you happy then," i said and walked over to the little ice cream stall.

ordering a mint choco ice cream, i waited patiently for it. after paying and thanking the man, i walked towards his seat. my steps came to a halt when i saw that another boy had joined him. the boy was smiling brightly but yeonjun didn't look the slightest bit happy. i slowly walked up to them and placed the cup on his side.

"hi areum!" the smiling boy waved. i forced a smile and waved back, mumbling a small hello. taking my seat next to yeonjun, i gripped his hand under the table. i felt his gaze on me but i ignored it. all i wanted was to get out of here. "we keep bumping into each other a lot," the boy across happily said. yeonjun turned his attention towards the talking boy, now holding my hand a lot tighter.

"what a coincidence jeongguk"