Chapter 60 ~ Say Yes & Something They Need

The next day, Michonne and Rick went out early in the morning on a run to look for the guns we promised Jadis we would get her. Rick had woken me up early in the morning from my place beside Jasper to see if I would take Judith and watch over the kids for the day, to which I agreed to quickly. I took Judith from his arms with a smile and set off for my room, bidding Rick a safe trip.

"All right baby girl. What should we do today?" I asked her as I set the little girl down on the floor to run around while I got dressed for the day. I swapped out my jeans for a lighter wash that were clean and one of Daryl's shirts, sleeves rolled to my elbows and the front tied up over my belt. After checking that I had my weapons all clipped into the right spots, I picked up my little girl and pressed a kiss to her head. "How about we go check on Aaron?"

Judith clapped her hands together and smiled brightly. "Aaron!" She shouted loudly, making me smile at her. Rick had dressed his little girl in a pair of jeans and a pale purple dress, her hair falling in slight curls to her chin, a little bow holding back a lock of her hair. "Go, go!" She kicked her legs.

"Ok, ok." I walked out of the house after telling Carl and Jasper where they could find me and enjoyed the warm air as I wondered over to Aaron and Erik's house. "You ready?"

"Aaron!" She shouted again as I knocked my fist against the wood of their door.

After a few moments, the door swung open to reveal Aaron's bruised face. "Hey! If it isn't my two favorite girls!" He smiled and welcomed us into his home. "How you girls doin' today?"

"We're good." I told him, sitting on the couch in his living room.

Aaron looked at me with serious eyes. "Really?"

"I should be the one asking you that?" I tried joking a bit, only to get a hard glare. "I'm kidding. I really am good. Better than I've been in days. Jasper finally talked to me last night. Apologized about how he's been acting, and we actually talked. And now I know Daryl is ok and safe from Negan for the time being."

Aaron smiled at me. "Good, I'm glad."

The rest of that day, and the next, were nothing but good things for me and my little family in Alexandria. I spent time with Judith and the boys, and when Carl was with his little sister, I was helping Jasper move his things into the room Merle used to have. Carl had allowed him to take a few movie posters and comics from the room they shared, and I also gave him a few of the photos I had collected over the years to hang by his bed. The two of us were finally back to being brother and sister, talking to each other about everything.

Once Rick and Michonne got back with the guns they found on their run, we were headed to see Jadis. I piled into a van with Rosita, Aaron, Tara, Gabriel, Michonne and Rick in order to make sure the deal went through as it should. We opened the back doors of the van in order for her group to see them. "Operational? All?" Jadis asked as she looked over the guns.

"To the best of my knowledge, yeah." Rick confirmed. "May need some cleaning. We found supplies."

"Expect us?" Tamiel looked at Rick.

"We cleaned some. We oiled some. You can do the rest; we do this together." He told the blonde.

"Yes, yes." Jadis nodded. "But operational?"

"Well, you can fire a few. Try them out if you like." He offered.

Brion asked the next question. "How many?"

"Sixty-three." Michonne answered quickly.

"We made an inventory." Tara offered the card up for Jadis to look at.

"No." The woman shook her head.

"You mean the inventory?" Tara asked for clarification and I glanced between Rick and Jadis in confusion.