|42|

"Taehyung--" 

"Hm, it's been a long time since you called me that. But don't worry . . ." His steps neared the girl, who stood her ground even while being a complete putty inside. "I'll make sure you say my full name when I take you today." 

Like any other time he has aroused her, this time too, the impassioned feelings rushed in her. With every step he took towards her were the moments her heartbeat accelerated, heart slamming against her chest.

The air in the room grew thick with sexual tension and the closed distance between them making their beasts go wild with wait. He stood right before her, their breaths on their faces the only coolness in the stuffy situation. 

Taehyung wanted to take her right then and their. He has waited all this time, respectfully pushing his desires away just because she was worth it. She was worth the wait. But today when he realised she could have gone away, the pull towards her, his string of sanity, would have snapped. 

"Why don't you understand Y/n?" His voice came out softer and huskier as he whispered his pain out. She looked up to meet his eyes, only to be captured by the sincerity and . . . fear in them. His hands held her face, not wanting to let go. "I- I can't lose you. Not after what you did to me."

"What did I do?" She asked, her voice equally soft. Of course she knew. Both of them were not unaware of the other's feelings, but they needed to hear it. 

They needed the assurance and surety that their tumultuous self would always have a refuge, under their own umbrella of love.

"You made me fall for you. You made me want to protect you more than my own self. You made me feel like who I am, a human." His fingers caressed her skin while her hands held his waist, a silent intimation that she is there for him as much as he is. 

"I know it's just been months that we have known each other but . . . in these months, I have seen you fall from the sky thinking 'this is it'. I have seen you kill those monsters, to protect us. I have seen you put all your mind,  body and soul, your blood, sweat and tears in the training, just so you could prove your worth. I have seen the determination in you to protect us. I have seen you kill someone because they disrespected one of our own."

By this time, his eyes were moist, and she wore an expression of warmth, something that was missing in this world.

"I have seen you look death right in the eye, for us, without a care that you could have died. Your strength when everyone was falling apart, held us together. Your weaknesses, for which you build yourself stronger to keep yourself up high. I have seen you as an angel, who I needed all this time." Somewhere along the lines, he had rested his forehead against hers. Both of their eyes closed as they melted into each others touch.

"You don't care for yourself, or your life, so I am here to protect you with mine. Because you, Y/n Y/l/n, made me love you."

Her eyes snapped open, their faces seemingly close. "Yo-you love me?"

The funny thing about her thoughts was that she had completely accepted all this astral games and shit, but a confession from the person she loved was something her mind couldn't comprehend.

"More than love." He smiled tilting his head, his long curls falling way from his eyes as he did so. 

Her grip on his waist tightened, pulling him gently closer to her. "I . . . didn't know you did."

His smile dropped. His thoughts running wild, thinking he might have spoken the 'L' word too soon. 

She gulped, feeling weird sensations and a whole wrack of nerves. "Can I---can I kiss you?" She asked, her eyes now shining with an unknown confidence.