|58|

"Tae-Taehyung, the water's . . . it's so near." Y/n sniffled. Both of them standing on their toes, to remain out of the water for as long as possible. The liquid tickling their necks and splashing to their chins.

Taehyung just nodded stiffly.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." She firmed.

Holding their breaths, they let the water cover each and every nook and crevice of the cave. The tender shine of the silver moon the only source of light in the now dark cave. Taehyung thrashed his hands only to be caught by Y/n, who pulled him towards her. She held his face and joined their foreheads. Their tears dissolved in the water that slowly took the life out of them, small bubbles leaving their nose.

She started to make out his features. His uneven eyelids, his soaked hair, the beauty spot under his eye, how is honey skin started glowing.

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed and so did Taehyung's. How is their vision suddenly so good in the dark?

It took them a few seconds to move their eyes to the rocks that blocked the caves, which shone like huge balls of gold. They swam back, away from whatever devilry was gonna be encountered next. Taehyung patted Y/n's thigh, signaling her to look above.

Y/n gasped, sputtering bubbles right after. Taehyung shook his head at her stupidness. The water level had started to come down. The rocks trembled, small gaps straining the water out. They swam upwards, taking their place back on the small rock and gasping for air once their heads were out.

"What's coming?"

"Definitely not you."

"Taehyung!" She smacked his head, making a 'splat' to echo in the cave.

"Ok listen, our magic is restored but we can only use it once the rocks are removed."

He said lowly. "Be ready to attack whoever it is."

Taehyung pushed his hair back from his face, readying to kill whoever was there.

The rocks blasted outside with a low rumble. Y/n and Taehyung simultaneously blasting their powers. Beams of white and green shooting out like bullets. They stopped when they realized no one stood there. Only the light vapors of the waterfall falling in.

They pushed their backs on the cave walls, unsure of what just happened.

Y/n nodded at him, telling him to crouch down.

A mop of black hair poked in form outside, defensively, a hand on his chest.

"You ungrateful swines."

_

"We need to make arrangements soon." Artemis stood up with Namjoon's help. "If they regain their consciousness, the palace guards would come."

"Let's move them out in the compound." Yoongi grunted. His arms were sore from holding up for so long.

Hoseok stopped his fire and helped Yoongi float the two evils out. The Royal's skin was a bright red, shining with the sweat and soggy due to heat.

They looked terribly sun burnt.

Literally.

Namjoon helped Artemis out while the other two followed them. Jungkook and Jin stood looking at the sky, turning when they heard the others coming out.

"Where's Jimin?" Artemis asked.

"Getting Taehyung and Y/n." Jin mumbled.

Behind them, Hoseok and Yoongi grunted while tripping over the rubble, accidentally dropping the royals with a loud thud. And for a moment, everything came to a standstill. Whatever happened, happened in slow motion. The Royals snapped their eyes open, conjuring the palace guards, attacking the players who wasted no time in defending themselves.