Chapter - 5

Present day,

Bangkok, Thailand.

Bangkok winters were topically warmer than Seoul winters. There were no many layers of warm clothes, no snow, no goosebumps and chatters. Taehyung missed snow the most. Winter was his favorite but winters without snow were like coffee without sugar to him. He was living in this city since two years. He was habituated with the climate but deep down inside the longing for his hometown got him dejected.

It was almost 3 am, he was on his bed but couldn't sleep. His head was resting on the headstand but his thoughts were lingering in a foreign country. He released a deep breath and looked at his girlfriend sleeping peacefully beside him. They were together for almost a year. She was pretty and caring, her presence made him a little less homesick. Taehyung could not be more thankful to her.

A sudden vibration in his pocket broke his cogitation. He took the call and went to his bathroom. "Taehyung-ah how are you doing?" The voice was low and sharp but hearing that taehyung's lips formed a smile.

"I- I'm doing good ahjussi." His heart was beating fast. "How are you and- and how are everyone in the home?"

"Yeah, they are all fine. Don't you miss home?" Sonbeok knew the answer very well but still he asked to confirm his prediction.

"Yes, yes ahjussi I've missed all of you." Taehyung was more than happy just to hear his voice.

"A ticket was sent to your address, you'll get it by tomorrow. Just come back home huh?" Sonbeok said before cutting the connection.

"Taehyung couldn't believe in his ears, he felt so euphoric that he didn't realize when he sat down on the bathroom floor. 'He was going to Seoul', was all he was thinking about.

He called his friend immediately. "Hobi-ah I'm coming home."

"I know, I've personally sent you the tickets." Hoseok was smiling on the other side of the line.

"Why didn't you tell me then?" Taehyung asked in confusion, he was smiling too.

"Surprise, surprise." Hoseok started laughing loudly.

"I'm so happy, you can't imagine buddy." Taehyung put his other hand on his mouth to suppress any laughter.

"Then who can imagine huh?" Hoseok asked jokingly. "Listen Park Jaehoon was caught by the police and dad wants you to kill him personally."

"Why does ahjussi want to kill him now? I mean he was handling our gold smuggling and other stuff right?" Taehyung frowned.

"And he's a psycho too, what if he tells our secrets to them?" Hoseok was concerned. "By the way, what will you say to your girlfriend? Does she know about you now?"

"I couldn't gather the courage to tell her." Taehyung said in a softer tone. "I'll talk to her tomorrow morning. Okey, See you."

The call ended but Taehyung couldn't move from his position. His heart felt several emotions at the same time. He wanted to go back to Korea so badly but he didn't want to lose his girlfriend either. He kept thinking until the night was over.

"Umm, Lisa, I have two things to say." Taehyung told his girlfriend on the breakfast table. He was watching her every move by sitting on a chair. She made pasta first, then coffee for her and strawberry milkshake for Taehyung. After placing all those foods on the table she finally responded.

"What do you want to say?" She said sipping her coffee.

"I'm going, no actually I have to go Seoul." Taehyung didn't touch the food, only sat there for some moments.