Chapter - 19

Song recommendation: Hug me(by V ft. J-hope)

The night was still Young, the stars in the sky just began to fade one by one. Tae and Jungkook were still asleep, tangled in the bed. Time seems to have stopped around them, nothing can be heard except the soft sound of their breathing and light snores. Both of them were smiling mildly as if they were sharing a happy dream.

A sudden knock at their door forced Jungkook to open his eyes. He thought that he was still dreaming and was about to close his eyes but he heard the doorbell rang, loud and clear. Jungkook slowly detached himself from his sleeping fiance and got up to open the door. He knew Jimin and Yoongi were out of the town then who else could have wanted to see him at his hour, that he failed to figure out.

"Open up the door, Jungkook." A deep voice growled from the outside. Jungkook stilled on his position after recognizing the owner of it. The man growled again, "I told you to open it up God dammit." Jungkook took a second to compose him then ran to open the main door.

"D-dad, what are you doing here at this hour?" Jungkook's hand trimbled as he reached for the locked doorknob.

"Why was your phone switched off? I called you several times." The commissioner entered the house with a frown, his eyes were narrow, lips pressed tightly. Jungkook knew this look, he couldn't understand what made his father pissed off.

Jungkook's eyes widened when two more constables entered the room. "I- I forgot to charge the phone." Jungkook put his one hand over his mouth to suppress a yawn.

"Where's the boy, Kim Taehyung?" Jungkook's dad gritted his teeth and came closer to his son. He was looking directly into Jungkook's eyes, this made Jungkook startled.

"Who?" Jungkook tilted his head and narrowed his eyes as his father came closer to him.

"You don't know him?" Jeon Sewook said in a calm voice. "But Yoongi said he has been living in this house for ten days."

A cold shiver ran down from Jungkook's spine. He lowered his eyebrows in confusion. "Are you talking about Vantae?" Jungkook acted like a rabbit caught by a predator. He never imagined his father would scold him for keeping an ill person in his house.

"Vantae? Huh!" Jungkook's dad put his hands on his hips as he smirked while pronouncing that false name, "his name is f*cking Kim Taehyung you idiot." He shouted out in anger.

Meanwhile Tae got up from his sleep and slowly opened the door to see the disturbance. But a strong man held his upper arm and dragged him out of the room. He tried to protest but seeing his Kookie, he followed the unknown man's lead.

When the constable was putting handcuffs around Tae's wrists, this time Jungkook protested, "Dad, what are you trying to do? He's just a patient, not a criminal." He went near Tae and requested the constable to unlock those handcuffs. When the constable didn't do so, he turned around towards his dad, "He will be scared dad, why are you doing this?"

Tae was chewing his lips in aghast. It's not like those men in the uniform didn't scare him but Jungkook's presence was giving him some courage to stay calm. His eyes became hopeful when he looked into his lover's eyes. He was sure that Jungkook would never give up on him.

"I know what I'm doing Jungkook, this man is a criminal." Sewook spatted. Both Jungkook and Tae looked at him in disbelief. "He's related to Jung Sonbeok's organization."

Jungkook thought he was still inside of a nightmare. "This can't be true." He murmured as he put his palm on his mouth, still couldn't believe it was his innocent baby Tae, whom his dad was talking about. "Dad, his name is Vantae, he's just a victim of the bomb explosion case. He has nothing to do with that underworld don Sonbeok."