Chapter 3

Brianna wasn't the most religious person, but she used to love reading her Bible and going to church when she was around Dillon's age

Brianna wasn't the most religious person, but she used to love reading her Bible and going to church when she was around Dillon's age. She would sing with the congregation when she was 10 years old every weekend.

When she started to take dance more seriously, she didn't really have time for it as much anymore, but she'd go to church with her mom when she was free. After her injury, her schedule was wide open, but she didn't want to go. She was mad at God for what happened to her. So she turned to things to fill the emptiness within her that weren't very Godly.

However, she got an urge for some reason that morning to go. She missed the music and seeing Coop's mom and helping her out with some stuff around the church.

"What do you look so pretty for?" Grace asked Brianna. "I'm gonna go to church today." Grace's face lit up at Brianna's answer. "Really?" Brianna nodded her head.

"I think that's a wonderful idea, baby. Have a good time." "Thanks, Mom," Brianna smiled.

Brianna went back into her room and got out the pack of cigarettes she got from the party. She knew she shouldn't smoke it, but she really wanted it.

Just this one pack.

Brianna smoked on her way there. She walked into the church for the first time in 7 months. "Brianna?" Janelle, Coop's mom, said in surprise. "Hi, Janelle," Brianna said with a big smile. The two hugged. When they pulled away, Janelle held Brianna's face in her hands. "I've missed seeing you here." "I missed being here." "What made you decide to come. It's been so long," Janelle said.

"This morning I woke up, and it was the first thing on my mind. I've been mad for so long, and I think it's time that I start to heal. What better place to start?" Janelle smiles widely at the girl.  "That's wonderful, baby. Come on, everyone would love to see you."

Brianna made conversation with people who she hadn't talked to in so long. They were all so happy to see the girl again. Everyone at the church knew what happened with Brianna, and they all thought it was a shame that she lost her faith. They were all very pleased to see her back.

Brianna took a seat and listened to the Pastor speak. Then her favorite part came: the congregation started to sing. Brianna and other people in the church got up and sang along.

"I am going to tell Tamia today how I saw you here. I am so happy to see you back," Janelle told Brianna. Brianna had a big smile on her face. "I'm happy to be back. This was a lot of fun," Brianna told her. The two said their final goodbyes and hugged.

******