Chapter 6

Brianna sat in the bleachers with Layla and Olivia watching the game between Culver City and Beverly

Brianna sat in the bleachers with Layla and Olivia watching the game between Culver City and Beverly. "He's at the 50, the 40. He's got one man to beat. And all the way down to the Culver 20 yard line. Spencer James with an electrifying return!" The announcer said.

Spencer put his arms up shrugging towards Olivia and Brianna. They shook their heads. "What's that about?" Layla asked. "Our friend, Coop, was supposed to be here."

"Oh. Well too bad she missed it. He looks good today," Layla said. "Don't." "What?" "The last time you tried to play matchmaker, I ended up in a hot tub with my almost brother," Liv said making Brianna laugh. "He's not your brother," Layla said. "Yeah, thank god. That would've made it really awkward for me and Jordan."

"We both know that you trying to set me up with Spencer is more about you than it is about me," Olivia told Layla before Layla's dad showed up with a younger woman by his side.

Layla introduced Brianna and was about to introduce Olivia before Chyna sat down next to Layla. "Oh! You're gonna sit here. Cool."

"That brings up third down. Adams looked open, but Baker couldn't get him the ball," Everyone heard over the speakers.

Asher and Jordan seemed to be having a little argument, and Brianna wondered if it was about football only.

"Adams and Baker seem to be on opposite sides of the playbook today," the announcer said. "Beverly is gonna lose this game because of the two of them," Brianna said. Layla and Olivia nodded knowing she was right.

JP's phone started ringing, and he said it was the publicist. Chyna and him left, and Olivia asked Layla how long he was in town. "The usual a couple days. He's in town promoting China's new album." "You don't like her?" Brianna asked. "No. It's- She's- she's fine," Layla stuttered. "You almost choked on that 'fine,'" Liv called her out. "I don't know. It's weird. She's not even his type. She's nothing like-." Olivia finished for Layla. "Your mom?"

Brianna looked confused. "Are your parents divorced?" She asked. It was quiet for a second before Layla answered her. "Uh, no. My mom passed away last year from a car accident."

Brianna's face dropped "I'm so sorry. I had no idea." "It's okay. I know you didn't," Layla smiled sadly.

Their attention went back to the game when a whistle blew. There were two seconds left.

"Baker rolling left, scanning. Scanning, looking to go deep. He takes off. James with a monster block. Baker in for the touchdown. Touchdown!" The announcer said followed by cheers from the crowd.

Brianna went down to Jordan. "You know, Ash, I pass to you, you whine. I don't pass to you, and you whine. We won the game, Ash, so shut the hell up and stop whining," Brianna heard Jordan say to Asher.