Chapter 8

Brianna walked inside her house in the morning through the front door. She didn't care if she got in trouble anymore.

"Look who it is," Grace said with her hands on her hips. "Where you been all night?" Spencer asked. "I was out," Brianna said. "You gonna have to be a little more specific than that, Brianna Destiny James," Grace said upset.

"You don't want me to be," Brianna muttered looking over at her little brother. "Yes, yes, I do." Brianna crossed her arms. "Fine, Mom. I was out having a good time. I had sex on the beach. Is that what you wanted to hear?" Brianna left out the smoking part, because she didn't want to face too much of a punishment. Spencer noticed that she wasn't sober though.

Grace looked at her not knowing what to say. Spencer told Dillon to go to his room. "Go to your room, Brianna," Grace instructed. "Gladly."

Brianna got clothes for the day before going to the bathroom and taking a shower. She found her brother sitting on her bed. "Spencer I don't need judgement from you."

"I don't care you had sex with Jordan, Brianna. What I care about the fact you had sex with a gang member," Spencer said angrily but quietly so their mom wouldn't hear.

"W-what? N-no I didn't," Brianna stuttered. "Come on, Brianna. You really lying right now?" Spencer asked. "Are you crazy? What were you thinking?" Spencer said raising his voice.

"I wasn't thinking, okay!" Brianna cried out. Tears were threatening to spill from her eyes, but she wouldn't let them. "I just did it. I couldn't dance anymore so there was no purpose for me. I did what I had to do to feel something. Anything. I don't regret it not one bit. For six months, I smoked, I drank, I had sex, I-I did anything to hang on. So I don't know what you want me to say. I'm sorry? Fine. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I had sex with someone you don't fuck with."

Spencer didn't know what to say. He watched his sister drop to the floor crying. This wasn't the time for him to be angry. He got down on his knees and brought her into his arms. "Alright. I'm sorry. It's okay, Bri." She cried into his arms.

Spencer looked up and noticed his mom standing there with tears in her eyes.

After Brianna calmed down, Spencer left her room. She grabbed her phone and saw a notification. "I extended your deadline to a week max to get me my money. Might wanna find 2k somewhere before your boyfriend learns you rode with gangbangers."

*******

"Oh my gosh

"Oh my gosh. I'm surprised you're still alive," Kia told the girl. "Yeah, well I kinda just broke down and explained why I did it. It would've just been cruel if he beat me down even more."

Kia was the one person who knew that Brianna slept with Shawn. She didn't know it was a continuous thing though. Brianna told her it happened only once. Kia wasn't too happy she was getting close in that way to a gang member but didn't say anything to Spencer after Brianna convinced her it was a one time thing.