Chapter 5

Monday was here.

The weekend went by really quickly, and I had finished the homework assignment. I kinda feel guilty by lying on the assignment, but I got good reason. If I told the truth, my mother would be taken from me. I don't want that.

The morning wasn't really interesting, only a bit of yelling and mental abuse. Some threats too. She only sometimes carries out those threats, but that's only like twice a month, so I hopefully don't have to worry.

As I walked the halls of the school, heading for first period, I listened to music. The music I listen to isn't exactly sweet and loving, more like depression. It's the kinds of songs that make you wanna cry. I don't know why I like that kind of music, I just do.

I checked my phone for the time. Seven minutes 'till class starts. For once I'm not late. I thought as I opened the doors of class 1-A.

"Wassup, shitheads!" I yelled out.

————————————

The bell rang, signaling that class was about to commence.

Aizawa on cue, walked right in.

"Today's topic isn't talked about widely enough, so I have decided to dedicate this week toward it. Especially considering what happened last week." Said Aizawa to the class.

Iida raised his hand.

"What is it, Iida?" Asked Mr. Aizawa.

"What is today's topic, sir?" Asked Iida.

"Today we're gonna be talking about mental heath, Iida." Replied Aizawa. My heart dropped. But what does it matter? We're just talking about mental heath, it's not like anything's gonna happen.

"Now, this is our weeks agenda: Today, we're gonna be talking about causes of mental issues and the symptoms. We're also gonna talk about the importance of it, and how to take care of it. However, that may drag onto tomorrow. On Wednesday, we're going to be talking about bullying, and suicide, and maybe some other things. On Thursday, me and a volunteer worker who's an expert in this kind of stuff will be answering question that you ask. The questions can be ahead of time, or you could raise your hand. If you email me a question, I won't out who you are if you don't want me to. I will be answering anonymously. Plus, I'm sure there are others probably wondering the same questions as you. On Friday, we will do a special activity—a surprise you can say." Informed Aizawa. I was amazed. Aizawa actually sounded like a teacher who doesn't lay down all day depressed and sleep. This was super surprising. I guess he was serious about something like this.

Uraraka raised her hand.

"Uraraka." Said Aizawa.

"Uhm... I was wondering what you meant by last week." Asked Uraraka.

"Well... As some of you may already know, a kid who went to a school not to far from here had taken their own life." Said Aizawa. The class gasped. Apparently they didn't know, but neither did I, so I couldn't blame them. Aizawa's face morphed into one of sadness, but he quickly molded his face back into it's normal monotone self.

"Ok, class! We're getting off track. Now, let's talk about the causes. Mental issues and disorders can—"

————————————

Only about a minute before class ended, Mr. Aizawa yelled out, "Hand in your homework on your way out. You can just pile it on my desk."

I took out my paper, and put it in the pile. The bell then rang.

Welp, time for another miserable day.