[14] We're just lucky in life

[14]

Tomorrow is going to be the most important day of my year so far. After the long wait, my book is going to be officially released tomorrow. I'm feeling nervous, but at the same time excited because this is my first official novel as a writer. I want to give my family and friends a good result so I can compensate for all their efforts and support since day one. Because of Solar's vlog, the release of my book became trending on Twitter again. I feel all the pressure surrounded by me, but I'm trying my best to see the brighter side. I'm glad that everyone's looking forward to it, and that they're willing to spend time and effort to read my work. That's already a blessing to me.

That being said, I need to leave the house today because I might just overthink things when I stay at home. I asked Julian to come with me to Olivia's. They told me a few days ago that they have new products that I might want to check. I remembered Yano's addiction to vintage stuff, so I'm pretty sure he'll love it. Aside from visiting the store, we will be also going to Augustus together. You might be wondering how things are going right now after what happened to Yano and me while we're in Bali. I assure you that everything's fine right now, and it felt like nothing happened at all. Well, it was just me. It's not like he noticed that I was annoyed or anything, so I guess it also helped. Anyways, like what I said, maybe I was just caught up in the moment. I'm comfortable around him, and as long as I feel this way, I know that everything's going to be fine.

We used a separate motorcycle as usual. Julian followed me until we arrived at Olivia's. After parking the motorcycle, I went in first. As soon as I opened the door, I saw Betty on the counter. Her hair is braided and she's wearing a long plain dress. I never said stuff like this before, but Betty is my first girl crush. Her beauty is effortless. There's a weird charismatic aura when she's around, and I find it attractive.

"Hello, Kelly!" she greeted as soon as she saw me entering the store.

"Oh, hi! How are you, Betty?" I asked.

"I'm doing great. You?" I gave her a nod. "Mom's in the storeroom right now. She'll be here in a few minutes."

"Alright. I'm with my friend, but he's still outside. I'm going to look around first."

"Okay. Feel free," then she gave me a smile.

I walked towards the shelves near the counter which is composed of vintage postcards. I'm planning to re-design my room, and I think these cards will be a perfect fit.

"Welcome to Olivia's," Betty greeted. I looked at the person who just entered. It's Yano. I was about to call him when he suddenly walked towards the counter while looking at Betty.

"May I know...your name?"

Did he just ask her name? No. Let me rephrase that. Did he just ask for a stranger's name as soon as he saw her? For the first time?

I was waiting for Betty's response, but she just blinked twice, not giving him a single letter as an answer. Julian was about to say something when Olivia suddenly came out from the storeroom. I don't know what just happened because as soon as he saw Olivia, he rushed outside the store.

Okay. So what the hell just happened?

"He's not a weirdo. That was my friend. His name is Julian!" I said before rushing outside the store. I saw Yano standing beside the entrance. I just looked at him while crossing my arms.