[10] Our little secret

[10]

I'm at the airport right now, holding my passport and boarding pass. Until now, I can't believe that I'm leaving this country. Am I feeling nercited (nervous + excited) because this is my first time? or because I'm traveling with a man and it's just the two of us here? I'm not the type of person who just tags along, but there's something about Yano that makes me feel safe and secure. It never crossed my mind that he'll do something bad. I trust him, and I don't even know where that trust is coming from. If this is dangerous, then why do I feel good about it?

"May I have your boarding pass, Ma'am?" asked the airport staff. After checking my passport and boarding pass, he let me in.

For the past two days, I kept thinking about my unexpected encounter with JB. Though I can't totally say that it's an encounter because he wasn't aware of it, still, I saw him again after a year. I thought it will be impossible in his case right now, but shit happens in life right? I don't understand why I have to crossed paths with him again. The world knows how much I get affected when it comes to JB, but why do I keep seeing him in the most unexpected moments of my life? I just don't understand. It's a terrible feeling because it felt like my efforts to forget about him went to waste. I hope this trip would help me to unwind and forget about everything. It was so hard to begin what I started, and now it's ruined again because of just one encounter.

Why is it so hard to move-on? Why is it so hard to accept that certain people in life are not willing to give us the love that we deserve? Until now, I can't answer it.

For the last two days, aside from my dilemma with JB, I've been arguing with Yano because he kept insisting that he will cover all the expenses for our trip. I refused, but he told me that I should just focus on our next self-discovery together. In the end, I lost the argument. Instead, we had an agreement that we'll do it alternately, so whoever suggested something must pay for everything. That's fair, but I still feel bad about it. How can I surpass travel outside the country? If I'm being honest, I cannot afford this much because I'm on a tight budget right now. On the brighter side, this trip will be a good reference, so it's like hitting two birds in one stone.

I still have no idea what we'll be doing in Indonesia. All I know is that we're staying in Ubud, which is somewhere in Bali. Whenever I ask Yano, he always refuses to give me an answer. That's not unusual because he's a man full of surprises.

This is the most spontaneous thing I've ever done in my life and it's also the biggest secret I kept from my family and friends. I have no idea when are we coming back because we only booked a one-way ticket. I just don't understand Yano. The only way to keep up with his mind is to stop overthinking things and just tag along with his plan.

"Are you ready?" he asked as the airplane starts to takeoff.

"I have to," I replied.

It took us almost four hours to arrive in Bali. Our accommodation provides airport pick-up, so it didn't take long to look for a cab. As soon as we landed, we found the driver waiting for us outside with Yano's name on the paper he's holding. We traveled for almost an hour from Ngurah Rai International Airport to our accommodation called House of Eve. I knew that this trip will be filled with shocking revelations, but I wasn't aware that the place we're staying at would be part of the list.

House of Eve is an eco-bamboo house located in a rainforest. It's a three-story villa with two bedrooms. What I love the most about this is you can hear the sound of the river down below while reading a book in the hammock with a view of a small garden. Also, we have access to a communal space that includes a natural pool overlooking the forest, a bamboo pavilion for dining, and their communal kitchen restaurant where we can order food from a selection of local traditional Balinese and Indonesian favorites. There are also some Western cuisine options. The house is set in a natural environment, and there are a couple of local village stores nearby. I feel like a princess living in a castle because they offer lots of services such as massage, yoga session, petals bath, and many more. The atmosphere is perfect for people looking for solitude and relaxation. It's also the perfect spot for people who wants to disconnect from their busy city life. My favorite part about this is, we own the entire place.