[6] Signs that I'm over you

[6]

Before going to work, Dionne dropped each one of us at home. As soon as I entered my apartment, I rushed to the bathroom to take a bath. Today, I will be going to the newly opened vintage shop I discovered a few days ago while l was looking for references. I hope I can find some unique stuff to buy because I plan to give my editorial team a small present for being with me throughout the publication process of my book. It's just a simple way to show my gratitude to them.

By the way, I want to share with you the book that I'm currently reading. It's titled 'Five Languages of Love'. It's my first time hearing that concept, so I tried to look it up online. In one article, it's stated that knowing your love language is an important factor when it comes to relationships. Even if you don't have a significant other, it's still applicable because you have loved ones like family and friends. I found it intriguing, so I tried to discover my love language.

There are five languages of love: words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, and physical touch. Everything can be applicable to you, but there must be one that stands out. You have to figure out what is your giving and what is your receiving. In that way, you will have an idea about what makes you and your loved one happy and satisfied.

In my observation, my giving is a gift. Whenever I appreciate someone, I prefer giving them presents. I'm a writer, but I'm not expressive when it comes to my feelings. I use gifts as a way to show them that I care and that I value them. For my receiving, I think it's words of affirmation. I love giving gifts, but I'm not the type of person who loves receiving one. I appreciate it, but for me, it feels more genuine when someone expresses their care and affection verbally. I get easily affected whenever I hear criticisms from people, but at the same time I cry easily when someone touches my heart by giving me compliments.

I parked my motorcycle in front of the vintage shop. Before entering, I opened my Viber to send a message to our group.

Kelly: Random thought: what's your love language? Tell me your giving and receiving. Look it up online if you're not familiar!

After sending the message, an old woman welcomed me to the shop. "Good afternoon! Welcome to Olivia," she greeted. I smiled at her.

While searching the store, I can't stop myself from looking at the woman in the counter. I think she's around the age of 60s. Her hair is tied in a high bun, and she's wearing a white long plain dress with short sleeves. Despite her gray hair and wrinkly face, she still looks beautiful. If you want me to compare her to a celebrity, I would choose Audrey Hepburn. Yes, she's that beautiful.

I was staring at her so hard that I didn't notice she stopped reading her pocketbook. She looked at me saying, "How may I assist you, Miss?" she asked with a sweet tone.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized. "I was just—" she chuckles before I could finish my sentence, so I let her speak what's on her mind.

She walked towards me before saying, "You can ask me anything, even if it's personal," she said. I bit my lip. She's quick-witted.

"Is this your store? Is your name Olivia?" I asked the first two questions that I was curious about.

"Yes, this is my store, and yes, my name is Olivia," she said. "What's your name, Miss?"

"I'm Kelly," I introduced while offering my hand.

"Nice to meet you," she said while we're shaking hands. "I recently moved here with my daughter, Elizabeth, I think you're at the same age. She's 21 years old."