[13] It's a passing feeling

[13]

I woke up at 5:00 am to do a general cleaning of my apartment. After finishing the laundry, I did some errands, too. The fundraising event is just a few days away, as well as the official release of my book. I still have some time to spare, so I need to use it wisely. For sure, my schedule will be hectic in the upcoming days.

After taking a nap, I started preparing my stuff. I will be attending the pottery class today. Julian sent me the address last night, and I'm glad to know that it's not far away from my neighborhood. It's approximately 10-15 minutes away via motorcycle.

Since it's a pottery class, I've decided to wear a comfortable t-shirt and shorts paired with nude sandals. The sandals I'm wearing right now was the one I bought in Bali. I suddenly missed the calmness of Ubud. Surely, I will go back there with my girlfriends.

Just like what I expected, I arrived in the location at exactly 15 minutes. The exterior of the shop doesn't look like a pottery shop at all. It looks like a café because of its wood design with an old beige and cream shade. I read the big sign attached on top of the door and it stated 'Augustus'. Even the name sounds fancy.

As soon as I entered the shop, I witnessed a beautiful collection of different kinds of ceramics. It's all in different shapes and colors, but most of it was elegant looking vintage designs. That's probably the reason why Yano enjoyed pottery.

"Hey, girl, you know you drive me crazy! One look put your rhythm in my hand. Still will never understand why you hang around! I see what's going down~~"

I almost had a heart attack when I suddenly hear loud music playing in the shop. The noise was coming from the second floor, so I decided to go upstairs. No one's guarding the entry-level, so maybe the owner is on the second floor.

"Do you feel like a man, when you push her around? Do you feel better now, as she falls to the ground? Well, I'll tell you, my friend, one day, this world's going to end. As your lies crumble down, a new life she has found~~~"

I couldn't walk further when I saw a man standing in front of me, holding a wireless microphone, banging his head while singing on top of his lungs. It seems like his nerves are about to pop-out.

"A pebble in the water—shit!!!"

He went out of balance and ended up falling on the floor when he realized that someone was watching him. He turned off the music before composing himself.

"A-are you okay?" I worriedly asked.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry about that," he answered while silently laughing at himself. He must be feeling embarrassed to face me right now.

"You have a nice voice," I complimented, trying to cool down the situation.

He gave me a little smile. "Thanks! I'm actually a vocalist," he bragged.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Back when I was in high school," after saying that, he burst from laughter. Was that a joke? "By the way, how can I help you? Are you looking for something?"

"Oh, my name is Kelly Astral, and this shop was recommended by my friend, Julian Ng. I signed up for a pottery class."

"Ohh!!" then he checked his phone. "Yeah, he told me about that. I thought you're coming together?"

"Well, that wasn't the case," I silently replied.

"I'm Augustus Dale Altamira, the owner of this shop," then he offered his hand. I immediately took it. "You can just call me Guz. What should I call you?" Wow. His hand is so soft. It feels like a marshmallow. "Miss?" I snapped when he called my attention.