[8] She's a gem

[8]

A few days have passed and another month has arrived. Today is June 1. I received a message from Ohayo that they're starting to work on the marketing of my book. In just a few weeks, it will be available nationwide. Yesterday, my book was trending on Twitter because of Solar's vlog. So far, I've been receiving good comments about it. Some people were so excited about my book's release because of that. I'm so happy to know that there are people who are looking forward to it.

I couldn't respond to Yano's email from a few days ago because I did a lot of thinking. I realized that there's no need to distance myself from him. I was just being too self-protective. I almost forgot how much he helped me with my book. I suddenly feel bad. Maybe he just wanted to be friends, so right now, I'm going to give him an answer to his email.

Vincent van Veranda

From Kelly Astral
kelly_astral@gmail.com

To Julian Ng
julianng@gmail.com

Bonjour, monsieur!

Are you free today around 4:00 pm?

Wondering,
Your Favorite Author

I received a response from him around 2:00 pm. I finished off my coffee and the last few pages of the book I'm currently reading before going straight to the bathroom. After taking a bath, I rushed to my closet. This is the first time for a very long time that I struggled with finding the right clothes to wear. After almost half an hour of deciding what to wear, I went with a plain black t-shirt, brown cargo pants, and black converse shoes. While putting some powder on my face, I suddenly remember the shadow of a woman I saw in his apartment. If ever she's dating Julian, would it be okay to her if another woman enters his partner's house? Hmmm...I don't think Yano is the type of person who plays around with someone's feelings, but I can't help myself from thinking about it. I just don't want any misunderstandings. Maybe I'll just ask him later about that.

After logging in my information and surrendering my identification card on the front desk, the guard led me to the elevator. Honestly, I wanted to rent a unit in this building, but the rent is too expensive for me. Living in a nice house is an important factor for me because I always stay at home. In order to boost my motivation to work and to have more focus on my writing, I need a pleasant working environment. Yano's probably well-off because he can afford this much.

I pressed the doorbell as soon as I arrived in front of Unit #707. It took him a minute to open the door for me. Is it that big?

"Welcome," he said as soon as he opened the door.

"What took you so—" I couldn't finish my sentence when I saw his unit. "What is this? Are we in the year of 1970s?" I asked while looking around. I can't explain the feeling I get from the vibe of his house, but it's warm and homey.

The overall interior looks like a luxurious house from the year 1970s. I'm not kidding, it looks old but luxurious. It seems like he manually designed every part of this house because it's so different from the original interior of this unit's building. I know that because I inquired here before, and aside from that, they took pride in their modernized interior. One thing is for sure, Julian bought this unit.

Aside from the interior, the majority of his furniture and home appliances are all on vintage designs. While walking around, I saw some cool old stuff that I thought I'll never see in person again. There's a collection of old comics, typewriter, music box, record player, and even his plates and cutleries are vintage too. Literally, this house teleported from the year 1970s. You can see Julian's passion for art just by taking a look at his house. It tells a lot about his personality. In every part of the house, you'll see paintings. I thought it's something that he won from an auction, but I saw his name and signature below, so it's his work! This guy never fails to amaze me. Being here makes me feel like living in a different world. If it's possible to fall in love with a place, then I have that feeling now. If I'm offered to live here forever, I might not decline.