You Got Me Open...

*** (Jared McKinley in MM)

"Are you still mad?" I asked, as Dre massaged soap into my skin. He'd ran a bath for me to soak in after our unexpected tryst.

"No, just don't let it happen again." He ordered playfully.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Don't what?" He squeezed one of my bare nipples.

"Okay, I give." I said as he began to play with the suds on my fingertips. "But seriously, are you saying that if I had male friends that I wouldn't be able to chill with them?"

"No I'm saying that I don't trust people easily so you're gonna have to bear with me."

"I can do that, but you seem to have put your trust in me quite easily bringing me to your house and around your family and friends so soon. Why?"

"In all honesty Harper, if I thought that you were a threat to me or my family, I wouldn't hesitate to drop you." His words sent a small shiver through me. "Can I trust you?" Pain of the unknown truths hid in the depths of his eyes, and I couldn't have been more smitten.

"Without a doubt." I fell silent for a few moments while he continued to run a loofah across my back.

"Does all that silence mean that you're having second thoughts about us?"

"No it's just the opposite." I kissed him tenderly.

After that small episode, he dried me off and helped oil me down before having me get dressed in the colorful tank and camel pencil skirt. I let down my curls from the upswept style and let them ride my shoulders. I slipped into the gold slingbacks, adorned my body with the jewelry and went in search of Andre.

I found him in the foyer, looking delectably handsome in his black tailored slacks and button up.

He was laid back in one of the leather mission-style chairs, fedora tipped to the side. I entered the carpeted room and sat on the ottoman between his legs. I pecked his lips softly and his eyes drifted open.

"Hey gorgeous, you ready to go?" He asked.

"If your tired, we can stay in." I offered.

"No I'm fine, besides, you look to good to be cooped up in here. Jared invited us to this little get-together after dinner if you wanna go."

"Whatever you wanna do. Tonight is totally up to you."

He nodded. "Alright lil bit, c'mon." He grabbed my hand and led me out the door after setting his alarm.

"You want me to drive?" I asked.

"You don't mind?"

"No, not at all."

"Aight, cool." He tossed me the keys to his Escalade and I got behind the wheel.

His directions led me toward downtown Los Angeles but we stopped short in front of what seemed like a glass tower. I glanced at sign that lit up the entire parking lot. Nina's. I wonder why I'd never heard of it.

When we walked in the scent of warm roasted honey and vanilla hit us. Immediately captivated by the interior, I let my eyes travel around the large room. Self-standing Victorian fireplaces were ablaze on either side of the room. Grand floor-to-ceiling windows adorned the walls. The back wall was complete glass as it allowed me to see the extravagant deck that allowed guests to dine and admire the radiant ocean. Immersed by the luxurious atmosphere, I didn't see the host appear to take us to our table.

"Good evening Mr. King. Table for two?" The teenage boy said adjusting his black vest.

"Yes," Dre took my hand and pulled me along. I followed closely behind glimpsing at the other patrons which seemed to be made up of older couples and families. The host seated us at a booth and presented us with our menus.