Aftermath

*(Anthony & Victoria McKinley in MM)

***Andre's POV

Pulling into the parking garage of Harper's apartment building, I noticed her car wasn't there. I figured she either hadn't gotten home yet or she'd run out for something. Parking in a visitor's spot, I climbed out and headed for her place making sure that I had the key that she'd given me on my chain. Today was the first time that I'd seen her since I'd left for New York two weeks ago. To say that I had missed her would have been an understatement. I yearned for her so bad I could smell her.

Getting off the elevator, I had an eerie feeling creep up my spine. Letting myself inside I kept a hand on my beretta. I spotted her purse on the couch with the contents dumped on the floor. Besides that and a few crooked pictures on the wall everything still seemed to be in place. I inched further inside and treaded down the hall into the bedroom where I found her. Ice-cold fear ran through me. She was sprawled out on the bed, naked from the waist down. I could feel my whole body burning with anger as I walked over to her. She had a cut below her right eye, and a swollen, busted lip. Dried up blood was strewn across her cheek. Reaching down, I felt for her pulse and gave thanks when I felt its rhythm.

"Harper," I called, shaking her fiercely.

She didn't budge.

Barely able to think straight from the rage that was boiling inside of me, I retrieved my cell from my belt. Not wanting to involve the authorities before I caught whoever did this, I know I couldn't take her to the hospital but with Victoria being a doctor, she'd know what to do. I dialed Anthony.

"Yo," his voice came onto the line.

"I need you and Tori to come to Harper's place right now and bring her supplies."

Hearing the urgency in my voice, he quickly agreed with no questions asked. I gave him the address and impatiently waited beside Harper until I heard a knock at the door.

Jumping up, I went and opened the door. Behind Anthony and Tori stood Jared, Ice, and his brother Drake.

"I didn't know if we would need back-up." Anthony explained. "What the hell is goin on?"

I wasn't upset nor was I surprised to see the whole clan. This was my family. I pulled them all in. "Hold up, I'll be right back. C'mon Tori," I told her and quickly led her into the room. I could hear her intake of breath once her eyes landed on Harper.

"What happened?" She asked going in for a closer look.

"I don't know, she was like this when I got here and she won't wake up. Can you take care of her for me?"

"Yea, of course," She pulled her black, leather medical bag from her shoulder and went to work.

I left shutting the door behind me.

The guys were seated, now wondering what hell was going on.

"Dre, what's up?" Jared wanted to know.

I broke down everything that had happened and how I found her.

"So that means that he either had to follow her from the garage or have already been in here." Anthony concluded.

"I don't know who he is or how he did it but I want him found." I could literally feel my headache turning into a migraine. "Now he has her car so it shouldn't be that hard."

"She have a tracking device?"

I shook my head.

"Let me make a few phone calls. I might be able to come up with something." Jared said, pulling out his cell and striding into the kitchen.