Please...dont!!!

***(Cori Butler in MM)

For the next two months Andre and I were damn near inseparable. We made time to do whatever and whenever we could. Dinner, dancing, museums, plays, movies, picnics, and clubs; not to mention that we'd sexed it up from here to Timbuktu.

Our time became more valuable with me having to juggle work, family, and friends, and him having to run his businesses, but I soon learned that there was more to Andre than what met the eye. Whatever topic came up he could talk about from religion and politics to sports and music. One of the things that I loved most about him was that he was so well rounded and versatile.

For awhile it was strange having all his attention on me. Granted, he was still making trips back and forth to New York and getting mysterious phone calls in the middle of the night, where he'd get up and run off for hours but for the most part he did his best to keep me away from his street-life.

Sometimes I'd sit around thinking about how fortunate I was. Germaine had never put so much time into me just to talk. It didn't take long after being with Andre to realize the love I had for Germaine based on a physical level. There were never any gifts on Christmas, or kisses on Valentines day, but with Dre I knew how it really felt to be in love because I was definitely there.

Even though he knew that I was with Dre, Germaine still hadn't given up. His phone calls were endless, and now that he'd somehow found out where I lived, he'd pop up drunk at all hours of the night expecting to get in. I knew Andre would be livid if he found out so I kept it from him but with Dre spending more and more time at my house I knew the inevitable was approaching.

"Oooh girl, can I borrow this?" Caryn asked from behind me.

I looked in my vanity mirror to see her standing in front of my jewelry box holding the ten-carat diamond tennis bracelet that Dre had given to me for my birthday last month. "I love you, but no."

With his birthday rapidly coming up, I wanted to do something that would blow his mind. I think I had just the thing but I needed a favor from Anthony to pull it off. I finished applying my eyeliner.

"Forget you then." She retorted, wrapping my gold herringbone chain around her neck. The girls had come over to get ready for a barbecue at Jared's house. Dre had kept his word and he'd just gotten back from his last "business trip."

I told him that we'd meet him at Jared's at two but here it was two-thirty and we were still waiting on Selena to get dressed.

"Selena hurry up, we're late." Cori yelled, leaning over my shoulder to fix her hair in the mirror.

"Oh girl hush, you just can't wait to see Jared." Selena said coming out of the bathroom adjusting the strap of her red sundress.

"I am not. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that Jared and I are just friends."

"Whatever," Selena dismissed her with a wave of her hand. "Caryn, throw me my sandals."

I rose from my vanity stool an stepped into my diamond encrusted sandals to match my white skinny jeans and matching vest.

"Is everyone ready?" I asked. "My baby has called four times already."

"Yup," Cori led the way out the door. "Lets go."

Once we arrived, I left the ladies inside the house and went in search of Dre. It didn't take me long to find him sitting at a table by the pool in his camo shorts and newsboy cap. Partnered up with Jared, they were playing a game of bid whist against Anthony and Victoria.

"Hey guys," I greeted everyone before kissing the side of Dre's neck. he hooked an arm around my waist and pulled me down in his lap.

"It's about time you showed up," Dre said. "You know I haven't seen you in almost two weeks. What took you so long?"