18

"minji-ah, stay still or else i'll pour alcohol to your wound," nari heard jeno threatened the girl who helped her earlier as he dab a cotton to the girl's wound

"minji-ah, stay still or else i'll pour alcohol to your wound," nari heard jeno threatened the girl who helped her earlier as he dab a cotton to the girl's wound. so her name is minji, nari thought.

they have the infirmary by themselves. nari had already calmed down from the ruckus earlier but donghyuck still checks up on her from time to time. on the other hand, jeno was helping minji clean her wound on her neck that she got from the senior when he grabbed her collar. as for renjun and jaemin, they were called by the university heads to explain the commotion earlier.

minji whined but still held her chin up high for jeno to get a better look at her wound, "i think my neck will hurt more from stiff neck rather than from the wound."

"then you should have thought of that first before getting into a fight," donghyuck flicked her forehead, teasing her because she couldn't move as jeno will get mad if she did.

"how is that my fault? those disgusting people-ouch! you told me you won't put alcohol!"

nari felt guilty, "i'm sorry for what happened-"

minji abruptly removed jeno's grasp from her to face nari. "don't apologize! it's those scumbag's fault, not yours."

jeno and donghyuck hummed in agreement. jeno opened a clean rectangle bandage then he held minji's nape to steady himself as he put it to her wound. with a last pat to the bandage to make sure it was attached to her skin completely, the university infirmary door bursted open.

"really, jeno? right in front of my salad?"

jaemin isn't mad. he was just flustered at the sight of jeno's hand on minji's nape and their faces close with each other. their posture wasn't really bad but it wasn't pleasant either. jaemin eyed jeno then he discreetly glanced at renjun who came in with him and back to jeno again. jeno seemed to take the hint and backed away from minji.

renjun ran to nari to ask about her condition. nari noticed that something was off with renjun but she decided to ask about it later. however, jaemin approached and side hugged minji, who is unconsciously looking at the two best friends talking.

donghyuck noticed minji's gaze and of course, he wouldn't let it pass. "they aren't dating," he let out a teasing grin.

minji rolled her eyes at donghyuck which made the boy chuckle. he really knows how to get on her nerves. jeno stiffled a laugh, teasing minji is one of the things they missed doing the most.

"who? who aren't dating?" jaemin joined the converstaion. he furrowed his eyebrows, he has no idea of who donghyuck might be pertaining to.

minji thought of an excuse as she averted jaemin's eyes. "you. are you dating anyone right now?" her voice was loud, making her statement sound defensive.

"why is she asking that? isn't she his girlfriend?" nari quietly mumbled to renjun but everyone seemed to hear her.

minji pointed at herself, "i'm his younger sister, though? na minji... what's your name?"

"i'm kim nari, jaemin's... friend," nari was unsure of how she should introduce herself. but we're still friends, right? she thought to herself.

minji gasped when she realized something. "that's why you look familiar. we were friends when we were young. do you remember me?" minji beamed in delight when she found her childhood friend. "my brother had a crush on you back then."

jaemin pulled minji's ear, dragging her away from nari. "shut up, just help me with my wounds now."

"i'm sorry i can't oppa. i still have to submit some documents," minji faked a frown. she gave the other three boys a knowing look before she pushed them towards the door. "and these boys told me they're really busy so they can't help you. nari eonnie, please help my brother. bye!"

as soon as minji closed the door, leaving the two alone, awkward silence surrounded them. jaemin let out a curse and when he was about to stand up, nari held his hand to stop him. "your bruises looks bad. let me help you."