28

it was only 10 am but nari was already tired from revising their written work for their group project

it was only 10 am but nari was already tired from revising their written work for their group project. her freeloader groupmate deadass passed the draft of their output without consulting them, resulting to their professor getting furious at the sloppy work and almost giving them a failing grade. luckily, they had swayed their professor on giving them another chance, but the catch was their grade will be either a perfect or fail, nothing in between.

the result of their project was great, it was one of nari's work that she's proudest of but because of the incident, they needed to be more careful about their written work. being the group's leader and the most meticulous among the group, nari's groupmates assigned her to revise the written output in spite of having the greatest contribution on their project itself. they will never trust that freeloader again. luckily, one of her groupmates kept on sending revised versions of some parts of their output to help her.

nari sighed as she continued to type in her laptop, "i really hate group projects."

minji and bitna looked at nari with pity. the three girls initially decided to go to bitna's university to visit her studio but nari's problem only allowed them to eat breakfast together.

"i swear, once i see that bitch's grade is higher than yours, i'll fucking throw hands," minji leaned back on her seat while sipping her iced tea.

bitna nodded in agreement, "how about removing her name in your group?"

nari chuckled at the girls' antics as she sent an updated draft of their written output in their group's shared email. she still has a long way to go since she has only edited just a quarter of it but she still wanted to share it to her groupmates to gain some feedbacks.

she grabbed her phone in her bag when she remembered that she hasn't sent a message to jaemin to tell him that he didn't need to pick her up. it has been an unspoken agreement for them that they'll walk to university together. jaemin's class and hers start at 2 in the afternoon today so she was relieved that it isn't too late for her to send a message to him. but she was surprised when jaemin has already sent a message to her.

JAEMIN
good morning babe!!! i'm sorry i
can't pick you up today :( i'm kinda
busy with paperworks :(

NARI
no, it's alright!! i'm sorry i was
too occupied with my project
i didn't even notice your mssg
ㅠㅠ have u eaten breakfast
already?

ten minutes has already passed but she still hasn't received a reply from jaemin. that was strange. in their two months of dating, nari could say that jaemin really replies fast. even when he's studying for his exams, jaemin always reply to nari's messages immediately. one time, nari even threatened him that she would block his number because jaemin focused more on messaging her instead of studying. he might be really busy now, nari thought as she shrug off the tinge of uneasiness in her mind.

minji noticed that nari was staring at her phone so she smiled at her, "jaemin was really just busy. he barely slept last night yet when i woke up, mom told me that he already went to the university."

but minji's words didn't comfort her, the feeling of uneasiness crept up again. last night, while she was reading a revised part of the paper that her groupmate sent to their email, jaemin messaged her that he would be sleeping early. why did he lie? nari couldn't seem to focus on her work.

as their class hours are approaching, minji and nari decided that it's time to go to their university, separating ways with bitna who goes to a different college.

thinking that jaemin might be tired from his own work, they bought an iced coffee to cheer him up. nari separated ways with minji and went to her locker to get her book for her next class, still holding the iced coffee with her right hand. she stopped herself from walking when familiar faces caught her eye. the glass door helped her to see what was happening inside the study hall clearly.

it was jaemin with the freeloader groupmate of hers, laughing together and seemed to be enjoying each other's company.