Chapter 4: The unexpected meeting

The alarm resonated loudly but Melody was not passionate enough to get up and start with another miserable day. So, she turned the blabbering off.

However, her mother was not going to sleep her day away peacefully, "Melody! Wake up".

"What is it Mom"

 "Wake up! You have to go to school" 

"There's still some time left before school starts. I'll be there in no time, so just let me sleep a bit more" she answered dozing off.

"Oh, really. I guess your teacher would be sipping tea waiting for you to enter in the classroom so that she can start the lecture"

Melody didn't budge.

"Melody, it's eight o clock!"

"What?!" this made her eyes open wide.

 "Yes, it's eight o clock and your class is going to start in fifteen minutes! so get changed and get a move on you sleepy head" 

"Why didn't you woke me up earlier" 

 "I've been yelling crazy for I don't know how long! And, I'm not your maid so try to do something by yourself, for once"

There she goes again, thinking that she is a maid for in the house who has to bark nonstop and do all the work by herself.

"Do whatever you and your father want. I'm just a maid who works here!" she exclaimed.

Always takes the wrong meaning of anything I say~ Melody thought as she put her socks on and broke into a run. 

"Mom! Dad! I'm leaving!"she announced.

 "Wait, Melody eat your breakfast first" but her daughter already went out the door

"What a careless child"

 She was able to enter through the school gates and inside the school to her classroom.

Her teacher hadn't arrived yet and with a mischievous grin she took her seat.

Her classmates were chatting but Melody had her eyes glued to the window as she quietly listened to the conversations.

The school ended without any mishaps and as Melody was walking home, some girls called her from the back, "Hey! Melody want to join us"

 Melody anxiously stared at them and managed an awkward smile 

"No I have to go home but thanks for asking!"

"'Kay, lets hang out some other time" they waving at her and chitter chattered away.

"Wow! I didn't fancy meeting you here. Little demon"

Melody shivered as a familiar voice rang in her ears, "I know that voice"

She turning around and saw the same boy at the park "It's Mr. Freak guy".

 "Wow! that's not very nice of you when someone is just trying to say hello"

"Who wants to talk to you! Get lost while I'm still being nice"

"No wonder, you don't have any friends"the boy hit a sore spot.

"You know you yourself make clumsy jokes" said Melody. 

"You can't call it a 'clumsy joke' " when someone's speaking the truth".

"Okay, if you feel somewhat better now after sticking your nose in someone else's business. Then get lost!"

"I would, absolutely, one thousand percent. After I can say a few words, your majesty" said the boy. 

Melody so wanted to kill him.

"If you want to say or do something, just do it instead letting your hesitance or shyness or whatever get the best of you. You only live once and you don't know for how long it would be"

Melody was left speechless as if someone yanked out the words stuck deep inside her heart waiting to be heard. 

The boy was leaving and his each footstep rang louder and louder in her ears and she didn't when or how the words jumped from her mouth

"What's your name?"

He turned around and their eyes met which seemed like eternity.

"Eric" his name got imprinted on  her mind as she saw him disappear from her eyes.