Chapter 7: Our Memorable Times

Melody went back home and was wondering what words to use to tell her parents all about the crazy scenario. Soon her parents came and she excitedly went at the door to greet them. She took their things and placed them at their rightful places. Made some ice-cold sherbet and served them. As she was doing these things she would end up thinking how to bring it up,  like 'today something weird happened' or 'guess what happened today' or 'today was something that made my head spin in astonishment' so like always she wanted to say what was on her mind but decided against it.

After a few hours, they were on dinner table. "Why don't we go outside tomorrow?" she asked. Both her parents stopped their motions and looked at her face. "You know since we didn't go out for so many days" she said. "Why, didn't you already went with your friends besides we're busy" her mother replied. There was a silence till Melody said in low voice 'when aren't you busy. You always scold me when I'm having an I-pad in my hands while you're eyes are stuck to the screen'. Her mother put the fork down and placed her hands on the tables as she got up and said "that's it. We're going out tomorrow" her mother said. Mr. David was surprised and rapidly replied "but we have work tomorrow". "Well there's nothing more important than proving my daughter, wrong!" she said. Melody showed a tense face of which said 'I have a feeling something bad would happen.

The next day the family went out at eight in the morning. Their house was having a huge ruckus of loud voices which made Melody wish she never should've said to go outside occasionally. They went to a garden for picnic on their car and over there they had a great family time. They would look at the flowers take their pictures and their family one too. They'd go to a nearby shop and grab an ice cream. All this made Melody regret thinking that she ever thought her parents never cared for her. They came back at noon. When they were putting things from the car inside the house. Eric came. Her mother was picking a few things when he asked "ma'am. Is Melody inside?". Mrs. David stared at the handsome young man and said, "and you must be" she said. "Oh, I'm" he got interrupted "Oh! I know you must be the class rep. I'm sorry but has Melody done something wrong. I know it's hard on you. I'll try my best to keep her in a good behavior. "her mother said then she said in a whispering voice "even though I know she can't get any better". Eric was astonished not badly but he thought it was a good scene he caught up on. He started to talk the language of her mother and in a second they got along telling each other her annoying facts. When Melody got outside she was surprised seeing her mother being friendly with her long live enemy but that 'enemy' was now a friend of which she couldn't get a hang of.

"Hey!" she shouted. Eric first looked at her then said "hello" though he wanted to say 'yo'. Melody came in with a heavy mood and asked, "what are the two of you doing" both looked at Melody. Melody felt awkward so she said, "why are the both of you staring". The two-people started to laugh their heads off "she looks just like that" her mother said as she laughed. Now Melody was in a bad mood so she pouted; looking at that they laughed even harder. She got too angry so she searched for a partner. She looked at her father and called out for him. He just looked at her and then started to do his own work. Now both the things made her furious that she was on flames. Then she shouted, "JUST STOP IT!"

Eric had a bump on his forehead. While her mother started to walk back as she did that she said, "it was nice having you, come again". "Yes. I certainly will" he got shivers from Melody filled with fire. She then asked her parents if she could go outside then she left with Eric. "So, what did you want" she asked. "Nothing much. I was feeling bored so thought to invite you" he answered. "Well that 'nothing much' of yours doesn't seems right to me" she said as she got on flames; which made Eric tensed. "Okay, sorry. So, why don't we go and ride a cycle?" he said. Melody stopped and looked worried. "What?" he asked. "I-I don't know how to ride a cycle" she answered. Hearing this Eric started to control his laugh. "Well sorry if I don't know how to!" she shouted. "Okay, then how about I teach you" he said. Melody looked a bit surprised but a bit confused.

Screaming filled the air. Melody was sitting on a cycle and Eric was grabbing the back seat. "Make your balance" he said. "I-I can't!" she said. "It's really hard to get my foot back on the paddle when I put it down and it keeps on moving side-ways!" she said. "Would you stop being a scaredy-cat!" he said. Well after tons of times and hard work of Eric. Melody was finally able to ride a cycle. "Come on. Hurry up would you" she said. "All the hard work was mine and yet I'm running behind you" he said as he breathed. Melody stopped then Eric took heavy breaths. "Get on then" she said. Eric first looked at her then she said, "for real!". He then sat on the back seat and off they went crashing through the wind.

In the way, they would stop at a vending machine and grab a juice or water as they would sit on the bench. Then they'd talk about the plays of William Shakespeare and the writings of Jane Austen. Then they reached a park which looked as a baseball playing ground. "Hey, you want to play" he asked. "Ah" Melody gave a questioning look. "Don't tell me you don't know!" he said. Melody bowed down her head. Eric sighed and invited her to come to the ground. He gave her a baseball bat and told her to return his throw. Many times, Melody would miss it which would make Eric laugh. Melody then after several tries finally hit the ball and then laughed at Eric. Though he didn't seem to mind it.

They then sat on the ground and took a rest. They talked a bit until they decided to go home.

When Melody came home. Her parents came to her and said "Melody, we'd be going out on a meeting tomorrow so we'd drop you at your aunt". "Okay" she cheerfully accepted.

"BUT WHO KNEW WHAT WOULD BE AWAITING THE NEXT DAY" Melody