Chapter 5: The friendship begins by giving out a hand

Her abode was lonesome as ever but her mind didn't pay attention to the fact for the first time. She leaned back on the couch, her eyes glued to the roof till she finally got up and walked to her room. 

She freshened up, ate her food and went out to clear her mind.

 She was on her way to the library that she heard a voice of an old lady. 

An old woman was picking up some groceries that had fell onto the ground. Melody saw her  troubling to bend. 

And so, she ran towards that lady and started to help her.

"Thank you, young lady" the woman smiled generously. 

"No problem at all. Why don't I help you carry it back to your house" Melody offered 

"That's kind of you but weren't you going somewhere? my child" the lady said staring at the book she had in her hand.

"It's okay. It's not urgent at all"

 "Okay then shall we get going" said the old lady

"Yes" 

 As they walked they talked about many things. The old lady asked Melody her hobbies and unexpectedly she felt comfortable answering.

Melody also asked about the lady. And, she replied that she doesn't do very much than raising her grandchild.

That caught Melody by surprise, some kids don't get to live with their parents and yet she doesn't care about the blessing given to her. They finally reached their destination. 

"This is where I live"

 Melody looked at their house. It was nothing out of the ordinary but more compact than her abode. 

"Come on in. I can't let you go empty handed after you helped me " 

"Oh, there's no need. I was just-" Melody got interrupted at the moment.

 "Grand ma there you are. I searched everywhere for you. Where did you go without telling?"a familiar sight made Melody tongue tied.

"Huh! Little demon! What are you doing here?" Eric asked taken aback. "Don't tell me. You were stalking me"

She was left flabbergasted by the stupid opinion.

"I'm not interested in chimpanzees and I think that I should be asking you that. Why do you show up wherever I go"

"Am I sure to show up or is there someone who's dying to meet me?" he gave a seductive wink.

She started to bawl with disgust in her mind.

"Shut your mouth up or you're going to get beaten"she hissed.

"Why both of you already know each other. Isn't that wonderful?"

"No it's not!"both of them exclaimed at the same time.

The wrinkled lady started to laugh heartily, "Kids these days. Why don't you join us inside, Melody?"

"Thank you but I have to go somewhere. I'll come visit you when a certain person won't be present"

"Well, I'm sorry to even be born" Eric added in a very annoyed voice.

"You're late to realize that" Melody spewed out.

"Are you serious?!" Eric sounded hurt. 

As the game of thrones was taking place. The sweet lady seemed to be concerned for their sanity.

"Well then since we are done with all this chit-chat I'd like to have my leave" Melody forfeited. 

"It was nice meeting you" she sincerely said to the lady. 

"It was horrible to meet you" Eric expressed.

"Same here" she answered.

"Well, aren't you getting smooth"

Melody ignored him and left. 

"Isn't she a nice girl?" his grandmother asked, teasing Eric.
"Beats me" saying this Eric went inside as a smile spread across his grandmother's face.