Chapter 11: The word 'Friends'

Melody went back home and the next day she went to school again.

She stood in front of the school gate and gave a tiring sigh as she thought 'why is life no fun. Again, I have to go to school then I'll go to college then university then I'll have a job and then I'll die but I won't ever get married. It will be a pain till the day I die'.

Then she remembered Eric and what he had said. 'Seriously is that guy my mother who gives me 'life' lessons'.

"Hey, Henry. Wait up!" she heard a boy saying from behind and she gave a shocking stare as that boy rubbed his friend's head hard. 'Did I just heard them' she thought and then she got a straight face 'Was I even deaf?'. 'But I never payed attention and why' she just got a flashback of what Eric had said. 'You idiot! Now I'd yearn to talk nonsense with someone. Why the hell did you mention 'friends'. I keep on thinking about it! Just yesterday I thought my life would be better but it got worst!'. She hurriedly entered the classroom and settled on her seat. She could see everyone talking happily with one another. She thought of herself raining down tears as she thought 'I want to talk too but the problem is that I could never start a conversation'.

"Hey, have you read Pride and Prejudice" a girl asked. "No" her friends answered. Just when she said that Melody said, "I've read it. It's by Jane Austen". "Eeee" the girl burst with Excitement. "It was beautiful" she said. "Totally. I loved Elizabeth" Melody said with sparkle in her eyes and then the both said "I just loved Mr. Darcy". The both of them went 'Kyaa' with excitement.

"At first I thought he was rude but he was a gentle person from inside" Melody said. "Yeah and Elizabeth's dress at the party" she said. "You had the book that had few pictures?" Melody asked. "Yup!" she answered. The both of them started to jump as they held hands.

"Looks like Catherine found herself a book loving- friend" a girl said sitting in the group of Catherine. "Melody you want to hang out with us" she asked with sparkle in her eyes. Catherine had light bronze and a cute face. She was a nice person who could strike a conversation with anyone. 'Did I just got lucky' Melody thought. "Of course. If it's alright with you guys?" she asked. "No problem" the group said happily as they raised their thumbs up".

The whole day Melody was with them and enjoyed the time. Mr. William could also notice that as he saw her laughing and talking a bit frankly to the girls as he entered the class and just as he entered everyone went to their seats as well as Melody and now Melody was serious. He was a good teacher and he looked over how his class students were. That goes same for Melody. He noticed that she was a nice and a funny person but when she had to do some work she would be serious.

The time at school came to an end and she went out of school with her friends. When they came out of the school they all went separate ways. As Melody walked she thought that the day was fun but now it had gotten boring just when she came out of school. 'So sometimes friends can be fun' she thought. 'Now I also need to be good with my aunt's' she paused and thought 'no. my family'.