Chapter 2 The boy sitting in the park

Left all alone in her cold apartment, Melody tried to cheer herself up, 

"Yeah. Mom's right I don't have to worry about it. I'll just go to library"

The place where she lived was a rural area surrounded with beautiful scenery. The lakes used to shimmer as the rays of the sun hit the water body. The green forests piqued interest of the tourists and that caused the area to develop. Melody too was fond of these breath taking views as they offered her comfort and made her feel like a main character from a book but that is just a fantasy.

When she spotted the library few feet away she broke into a stride.

The cool air from the air conditioner reassured her that she had reached her destination with success. And so, she panted for a while and began to explore for a book to her liking. The library wasn't a large building nor a small one and its structure was made of wood which made it a perfect place to spend your day. Melody nodded to herself when she saw people sitting or bustling around the bookshelf. She walked forward and looked through aisles.

She walked slowly as she was looking at books and then she stopped and took out a book. She looked at it and read its name out loud a bit 'Howl's Moving Castle, by: Diana Wynne Jones' having the book in hand she walked out of the aisle and she walked to the counter.

"Hello. I would like to have this book" she said to the receptionist. She asked her to hand over the book she had in her hands. Melody then completed the issue card and so the receptionist greeted her goodbye.

She left the library as she read the book. While she was reading she could see some girls laughing and talking with each other. As she took some short glimpses at them she would have a smile on her face with eyes filled with envies.

She soon had reached a nearby park where she sat on a bench with her eyes focused on the book but then because of something she sighed and leaned. She looked at the sky and stared for a moment when some words leaped out from her mouth "It must be nice to be able to talk to friends, Huh". There it was, a desire, a wish she wanted to have but at the same time she wanted to run away from.

She stopped her thoughts and placed her hands on her knees. For a moment she sat silent then she got up and started to walk as she ordered herself "I need to get a drink".

She walked herself out from the stairs and went to a vending machine. As she was sipping down her drink her eyes looked a bit sad.

When she walked back to those stairs she saw a boy sitting on the same bench! God! The anger not because he was sitting on the bench but because he was reading her book. She forgot everything happening to her. If someone were to grab your belonging without permission and especially a boy! Um, as for boys you can think the opposite. You would be angry and so was she but as for Melody she had less control on her tolerance so, yeah, she burst.

She then hurriedly passed the stairs and walked with long steps towards the boy. She stood near him and she stared at him with sharp eyes, folded arms and then started to tap her feet but the boy didn't even take a glimpse at her. She was getting uncomfortable with his behavior, so she unfolded her arms and stood straight and brought herself to speak, "Um, excuse me this is my seat."

The boy then closed the book and for a moment stared at Melody, Coolly. About the boy? hah! The boy was stunning! He had black hair and an alluring aura. His complexion was fair and the way he sat looked like a gentleman. A man out of dreams or manga, manhwa or anime. Anything you like!

He then stood up and walked towards her and asked, "Then this book is yours?".

Melody in fact wasn't going to get deceived by his looks as she had decided not to notice him and said with a serious look on her face and with a serious voice, "Well looks like you noticed thank you so much for noticing. You know for a second I thought that you'd never notice. Oh! and now when you think about it, it looks like you are having to use your brain now." The boy smiled and started to laugh. Melody turned her face towards the boy and started to look at him with a confused expression "Uh. Hello? I insulted you without being ashamed of your actions you're laughing".

"Wow! It looks like my mom is taking my class of discipline. Don't you think the word 'notice' came too many times" the boy said.

Melody got angrier and was going to lose her composure. "You don't even know how to insult someone" said the boy. Melody got furious and said with anger while hesitating "Y-y-yeah so, w-well I don't want some idiot to teach me."

The boy ignored her, walked and passed the stairs but Melody was still staring at him with anger. As he stood there gorgeously he said, "You know only children read fairy tales and looks like you are a little baby, Miss Melody David."

The boy had started to walk while Melody called out with a surprising voice "H-h-how did you know my name?" The boy ignored Melody and walked few steps away when Melody tried to stop him "Hey I'm talking to you". The boy turned his face to her and answered, "You know the little baby should try using her brain but if you still don't get it then maybe you should keep your pouch safe" Saying this the boy walked away.

Melody got angry and shouted out loud "You! stupid idiot! You looked at my pouch!".

The boy handsomely grinned.

She walked towards the bench as she looked like she was going to burst into flames. While she was walking back to her home people started to stare at her with astonishment, but she didn't pay any attention towards it. Why? Her nostrils would flare, and she looked like a demon walking on a road.

She kept insulting the boy she met in the park. She made it to her home but still her anger didn't cool down. She took out the key and tried to place it in the key hole, but the key wasn't going in because she was hurrying it up.

She turned all red with anger and shouted "what's the problem with everyone! Today someone insults me and make me feel like a stupid but the mistake is his then I try to open the stupid, damn door but it doesn't open! Can this day get any more worst!" Melody then fixed the key into the lock and this time she got lucky. Then she opened the door with a bang and closed it with a slam. Pretty rhymey, don't you think? Anyways, she just knocked her shoes un tidily on the floor and dashed to her room.

As she was walking towards the bed with a bad mood her foot hit the side table which was just next to her bed and she tipped over. She put her other foot on the ground to keep her balance but then suddenly her foot slipped back, and she fell on the bed. She straightened her legs and kept lying on the bed and said, "stupid freak who does he think he is."

She turned around and looked at the roof and said with anger "If you have good looks doesn't means you can charm everyone around you. You idiot. Geez. I hate him more than anyone, Uh! Why am I talking about that stupid freak?". She got up to save herself and started walking while her face was all red with anger. She walked down the stairs and then she took out some food from the fridge and placed it in the microwave then she closed. She stood still and looked at the food warming up with eyes wide open. She soon ate her food while it was silence, which made her to get over her anger.