Chapter 10: A different start over

Alarm rang. Melody shut it off but in few seconds. The door slammed opened and her aunt shouted, "Hurry and wake up! It's time for school!". Melody got startled and she stood straight on her bed. Her aunt innocently asked, "what happened your white as a sheet?". Melody got the look saying 'r-really' on her face when Adrien came in and said, "well if you'll shout like that first thing in the morning. Of course, she'd be like that". "But I always wake you up like this" said her aunt innocently. Adrien turned and silently sighed as if he was tired. 'For the first time in my life I feel sorry for him'. Melody almost thought her soul would leave her body when her aunt suddenly turned to her with sharp sparkle in her eyes. "Now dress up for school then I'll make your hair" she said. "O-okay" Melody answered. She left the room and Melody on her guard went to the bathroom. Her aunt then came in and picked the comb. "Listen, don't you think you should grow your hair more" her aunt said. "But my hair is medium. It'll grow" she answered. She could see her aunt pout in the mirror. She made her hair. Then the both of them went down.

Melody cheerfully had her breakfast but.................. 'why do I need to go to school with him!' Melody thought as she was sitting in the car with Adrien. Her uncle sat inside and said. "so, are we ready to go?" he asked. Melody tensely gave a smile; "Pfft" she heard Adrien controlling his laugh. She thought that if her uncle wouldn't be sitting inside the car she would've murdered him more bad than any murderer in the world. Since her cousin's school would come first he was the one to be dropped first but saying 'school' would be wrong. When they stopped to drop Adrien. Melody got super shocked in seeing that he went to college. 'What! Is he a book worm! Well I can read thousands of fantasy books but school books area different deal. It's not like I'm that bad' suddenly she got a flashback of her mother saying "seriously, why don't you learn something from your aunt's son. He never got his marks less than 90%". 'Suddenly I'm starting to question myself. If I deserve what I have' Melody thought funnily as she gently hit her head on the car's front seat. When Adrien was entering inside the gate. She saw him smirk at her with evilness in his eyes. Melody got red with frustration.

Next came Melody's spot. They reached the school and she got out of the car. She looked at her school building when her uncle said, "you okay?". Melody turned to him and happily said as she nodded "hm". Her uncle left and she gave a big and gentle exhale and went in. The school was filled with chattering of students and Melody simply wanted to leave. "Ah, Melody" she heard someone calling out to her. She saw her home teacher. "Good morning" she said. "Good morning to you too. You hadn't come to school for weeks. What was the reason for your absence?" he asked. "ah" Melody couldn't say anything. Her home teacher gave a sigh and said "well, not that it matters much to tell your 'going to leave' home teacher". "Eh!" Melody exclaimed. "That's right. I'd be leaving the school and so Mr. William would be looking over your class. He's 27 years old. He sounds young, doesn't he?" Melody smiled at her home teacher. He was teacher who would be like a friend and a teacher to the students. He was different from others and Melody liked that about him. She was worried what kind of a person would the new teacher would be. Her life has kept on changing since she lost her parents. "Oh, William. Come over here for a minute" Melody looked alarmed when she heard her homeroom teacher say that. She could feel her foot shivering. "Yes, what's the matter, Sir Matthew" she heard a handsome voice and when she looked up, she saw a man who was handsome and cool and looked like a celebrity. He had dark brown hair, light brownish eyes and fair complexion. Melody had always liked the celebrities who were nice, kind and not to mention handsome. She always was surrounded by guys who were too violent and not nice! But looks like she had luck on her day at school. In her mind she thanked god lots.

"This is a student of mine, her name's Melody. Now since you're the teacher do concern her since she had been absent" he said. "Good I was wanting to get to know the class students" he said with a charming smile. "Ah, hello my name's Melody and I'm from class 7-C" she said while acting cool as possible with a smile. "So, Melody. You've been absent for a whole week. Would you like to share the problem?" he gently asked. Melody got red instantly. "My, are you feeling feverish. You're getting all red" he asked. "Ah, I'm completely fine. The reason why I couldn't come...to...school" Melody suddenly got a pause. Both the teachers looked concerned. "Because my parents died in a car accident" her eyes got teary and her voice got low. She hurriedly cleaned her eyes and forced herself to smile. Her new room teacher bent down and held her shoulders while her homeroom teacher rubbed her head gently.