Mitch: Day 2 continued

I get out of my car and walk up to Mitch
"How did you get here so fast?" I asked
"They let me out early, so I just came here" he said with a smile
"I've already met your parents, they came out earlier and I introduced myself" he continued
"Well um" I didn't really know what to say. I didn't really want him to help, I just kinda wanted to be alone.
"Let's go inside I guess" I said
We walked into the front door to where my mom and dad were standing in the kitchen, unpacking.
"So, I can see your first day went good" my dad said
"Yeah, I guess" I replied
I walked away before they could say anything else.
"So where do you want me to start?" Mitch asked.
"Uh I guess we can start unpacking some of the things in my room"
He followed me into my room and I sat down on my bed.
"What box should we start with?" He asked
I scanned my eyes around the room
"Let's start with the miscellaneous box"
I ripped open the top and started to take things out.
"Who are these people?"
He pulled out a photo of my friends and I
"Oh they are my friends, Astrid, Violet and Stephanie"
"And the guy?"
I could tell he was really curious, but it also seemed like he just wanted to make small talk.
"He's my boyfriend, well was I guess. I don't really believe that long distance relationships really workout"
"Oh, I understand"
I kept taking out a couple things here and there. Posters, CDs, a couple books, and some drawing pads.
"Do you draw?" Mitch asked
"Yeah, sometimes, nothing great. I usually just draw to get out my feelings"
"Can I see?"
I didn't really want to show him but, what's the worst that could happen?
I flipped it open to a page where I drew a girl sitting alone on her window sill, looking out into the rain.
"Wow. This is amazing" Mitch said.
I blushed a little but his it
"Thanks, I really don't think it's that great but.."
I was interrupted by a knock at the door.
"Jas?"
"Yeah?"
My mom opened the door
"You guys ready for dinner?"
Mitch looked at me and nodded
"Sure"
We got up and walked to the kitchen. We still haven't set up the table in our dining room so we had to eat on T.V tables in the living room. My mom made spaghetti, since we haven't gotten a chance to go to the store yet.
Mom and dad sat next to each other on the one couch while Mitch sat next to me on the other.
"So, do you guys like it?" My mom asked
"It's great Mrs.Miller" Mitch said with a smile
"Thank you Mitchell"
"Oh call me Mitch, I like that better" She corrected herself,
"Well, thank you Mitch"
***
After we finished our meal we rinsed off our plates and stuck them in the dishwasher.
"Do you need anymore help tonight Jasper?" Mitch asked me
"Um, no I think I'm fine, thank you though"
"No problem. Do you need a ride to school tomorrow?" He asked
I was kind of hesitant about it, I just met him today, well officially anyway. But, then again I am gonna start having to make friends.
"Sure, what time?"
"7:10?"
"I'll be ready, thanks"
"No problem" he smiled and walked out the door.
He seems like he'd be a good friend, I just feel like I'm going to replace my other friends. Mitch is really friendly with me, but I still have feelings for Oliver. I can't betray Oliver like that, I can't just forget about him just like that. I don't even know if we are officially broken up. I just need to go to bed.
I walk down the hall to my room. On my bed I see a slip of paper. I flip it over and it reads:
Mitch's number-443-786-9970 :)
I guess I should text him, just in case plans change tomorrow morning.

Message to Mitch: Hey it's Jasper, I got your note

I went to bed and fell fast asleep.