Day 5: Explaining Everything (continued)

Mitch's POV

Wow. I didn't know someone could care for me that much. And why didn't she tell me about her brother? That explains why I saw a boy in the family portrait. Damn. Wait. How did this get into my pillow case ?!??!?

Lachlans POV

I walk upstairs. I assume that Mitch is in his room.
I knock on the door. It's locked.
"Go away!" Mitch yells.
"Come on Mitch! Let me in. We need to talk!" He opens the door and sits down on his bed. I follow him and sit right next to him.

He keeps avoiding eye contact.
"Mitch, I didn't know that you and Jasper were a thing"
I really didn't. He just said his neighbor. I'm not going to automatically assume it's his girlfriend. He would've told me that.

"We aren't" he says turning his back towards me.
Wait? Then what was the problem. If they aren't in a relationship, then what was the problem?
"Then why'd you get so upset?" I ask.

"You wanna know why? Well I'll tell you why--Jasper is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She supported me when no one was there to. She wrote me a letter to cheer me up when I wasn't in the best mood, before we even met. I knew her before she moved here. I only told Jerome about how I went to her channel after I had seen a comment that she had made on one of my videos. I watch all of her videos. I know what her favorite colors are, what she wants her profession to be, and I know that she is an amazing girl. I try showing how much I care for her every way possible, but she just doesn't seem to notice it. It just made me upset how you just met her 4 hours ago and she already kissed you! I probably sound like an idiot, but I tried to kiss her yesterday, but I guess she didn't notice and just hugged me instead. Why did you even kiss her in the first place?!"

Damn. He really cares about Jasper. I really do seem like an asshole right now.
"Mitch, I'm so sorry. If I had known before I wouldn't have. Please forgive me" I continued " she just seemed like she needed comfort. I was already holding her, I felt like she needed to know that someone cares about her. She just started crying, I wasn't really sure about what, but she just seemed so hurt"

Mitch's POV

She must've gotten upset over Oliver again. Now I feel like a dick that I wasn't there to comfort her. And I just yelled at Little Lachy for being a good person, I think.

"I'm sorry Lachlan. I should've just went off in you like that" damn, I feel really bad now.

"It's alright, I was the one who shouldn't have kissed her in the first place"
Yes. Yes he is correct.
"I think you should go and talk to Jasper. So you guys can clear things up"
"Yeah, I'm gonna head over there now"
"I should probably be going then" he says
"Oh okay, well we can hangout tomorrow"
"Alright, see you later"
He leaves. I get ready to head over to Jasper's house.

Jasper's POV

I go back over to my house, into my room and plop down on my bed, as usual.

Why did I do that?
Why did I let him kiss me?
Why, why, why?

That's the only word that keeps going through my head.
He's a really sweet guy and all, but I can tell that Mitch was hurt when he saw us kissing.

I felt like I needed it though. For some reason it felt like revenge. I just really wanted revenge on Oliver.

Mitch is a great guy. I basically liked Mitch more than Oliver when we were dating. Mitch could always make me happy. Oliver never seemed to want to be with me. But, I never thought that I would actually have Mitch, Mitchell Donald Ralph Hughes, as a real friend.

There was a knock at my front door. So I got up and opened it to find Mitch.
"Um, hi" he says shyly.
I gesture him to come in. He does and I lead him to my bedroom. We both sit down on my bed.
"Mitch, I can expla-" he cut me off
"Jasper you don't have to. I already know"
Huh?
"What? How?"
"I just know. You don't have to explain"
Well alrighty then.
"I found your letter. And I read it"

Oh god. He's probably going to make fun of it. He'll probably think I'm lying about my brother. Shit. I forgot I put that part in there.
"Oh, what did you think of it?"
"It was amazing Jasper. Sometimes I really do need some cheering up. I always feel stressed out. It really helped me"
Really?!
"Oh good"
"Jasper?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you"