2 - Chareigns - First Date

Ashley
I'm so nervous, today is mine and Joe's first date. I really don't want to mess anything up, I truly want it to be perfect. I've been standing in front of my mirror for half an hour making loads of little adjustments to my outfit, I'm meeting Joe in town for a few drinks first then we're going for some food and then finally go clubbing with Becky and Colby. I can't seem to get my outfit right, it needs to be perfect. My hair is also getting in my nerves, I know Becky is also going for a date with Colby but I've got to get her to help me. I can't curl the back of my hair and I've burnt my neck a little.

"Shouldn't you be in town?"

I checked the clock and I should've been in town ten minutes ago.

"Becky please I need you help."

"I'm on my way, calm down."

I tried to zip up my dress but it wouldn't work, in a fit of anger I ripped it off ruining the dress in the process. Next I pulled out my hair, I'll just text joe and tell him I'm sick.

"Hey I'm so sorry but can we reschedule I'm not feeling the brightest today..."

I was about to click send when I heard Becky's car pull up outside, I tossed my phone aside and pulled my hoodie over my head.

"Ashley you better be half ready!"

She walked in and she looked furious, she tossed a dress at me and tidied away the one I'd ripped up.

"Put it on and sit down in this chair."

I quickly got dressed and she zipped the dress up, once I sat in the chair Becky did my hair.

She spun me around and did some natural/pinky coloured makeup.

"Right I got Colby to text Joe so he knows your on your way!"

"Thank you Becky."

"Well I knew if I didn't come you would've just not gone out. Now go!"

I got off the chair and quickly got on some nude coloured heels and got a taxi into town. I know he's waiting in slug and lettuce so I make my way over there, I feel so nervous I could be sick. I walked in and saw him sitting opposite a glass of red wine.

"Good evening..."

"You took your time."

"Had a meltdown."

"Well your here now."

I took a sip of my wine followed by a deep breath.

.

Our evening has gone great, we've talked about everything and got the most delicious food. We're walking hand in hand down by the marina when Joe stops and spins me around.

Joe
I'm scared to ask Ashley to be my girlfriend but I know I've got to do it. She's staring at me with those big beautiful eyes and I cannot resist any longer. I lean in slightly and she did the same until our lips were practically touching, I felt her hand on the back of my neck as she pushed me in for a sweet kiss.

"That was nice..."

"Yeah, Ashley..."

"Joe?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Absolutely!"

She pulled me back in for another kiss earning a smile from me. Not long after Ashley received a text from Becky telling us to get in the club. We laughed at the text then she pulled me towards Bamboo, our local club. Before we went inside I stopped Ashley.

"I've had the best night tonight."

"Yeah me too, I'm so honoured to finally be able to call you my boyfriend."

She kissed me and we walked into the club, getting swallowed by the lights and the atmosphere in the process.