Chapter 4: Journey of Power

The guild hall fills with cheers of confidence and determination. Wendy and Carla make their way to the door only to be stopped by Gildarts piercing gaze met the duo. They froze for a moment as he spoke, never before had either of them by a mere gaze.

  " I blame myself you know." Gildarts said stoically taking a brief pause

  " If I would've trained more or even just killed the damn dragon when I first ran across him this whole damn thing wouldn't have happened." He continued as he clinched his fists in anger.

"........... Anyway enough self loathing I've noticed you carry his scarf around and you have one of Happys' backpacks." Gildarts said taking a deep breath composing himself.

  "Yeah well....." Wendy said grabbing the scarf remembering her friends. Natsu and Gray fighting, Erza falling in love with another cake, Lucy and Cana drinking and joyful, Happy and Carla arguing over fish those were the days she missed the most. Mira always trying to play match maker. Elfman spouting off about being a real man. Cut off by Gildarts

  " Soo...... I have an offer for you everybody has noticed you training and rise in magically power and energy. Even today I see you both got lacrimas implanted to boost and help your bodies adapt to higher levels of magic."  Gildarts says firmly and with a stoic look on his face

  "Yes we did because out of everyone in Fairy Tail I will be the one to take out that dragon!!!!" Wendy said with the same flame of determination in her eyes as Natsu, Erza, Lucy and Gray had all had before.

" Ha I like your attitude anyway my offer.......... Come train with me I will train you both even teach you to make the ground and air to shake and tremble under your magical pressure. " He said as he proudly saw she was clearly a true member of team Natsu.

  " Now it won't be easy bu....." A look of shock came over Gildarts face as he was interrupted

*Simultaneously*
"WE ACCEPT!!!!" Determination had could be seen written on the face of the young Dragon-Slayer and exceed alike.

    Gildarts nods his head and waits outside Fairy Hills as the young Dragon-Slayer and exceed pack for the journey. While packing their things Carla came across so old bracelets back from the last time they went with Erza for a sleepover at Lucy's place. Went noticed and after a moment of reminiscing they both put on their respective bracelets and went off with Gildarts. 

  "From here on out we'll train as hard as we can..... Heh who knows you might even get stronger than Natsu... Maybe even Erza." He said certain of the duos potential, as he noticed that even at such a young age she was on par with every member of team Natsu.

             * Three days later*

Reaching their destination the group sets up camp. Wendy and Carla looked around in amazement they'd never seen such a beautiful place like this. A roaring waterfall feeding into what seemed to be an endlessly flowing river almost filled to the brim with fish. Tall lush trees, bushes and thickets spread out surrounding a nice open space. Soo calm and yet secluded, their camp was now set up.

  "Alright you two follow me" he spoke stoically

  "This is where we will train"

  Looking around the two girls noticed this was much different than the spot where their camp was. Shattered boulders, craters and cracks in the ground covered the vast destroyed field. Gildarts stood silently across from the two for a moment.

"Alright kid show me what you got." Gildarts took no defensive stance as the Bluenette readied herself

Charging up her magic she the leaps forward.