Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next day, I found myself foolishly standing in front of the Class C's door. I was really feeling hesitant to go in for multiple reasons that I can't even force myself to think. I rolled my eyes to myself for acting such a coward and not just bursting through the doors like I usually do.

I sighed and decided to just get the stares over with. I opened the door as meekly as possible and entered inside. The room that was once in a stupor suddenly hushed and looked at me, the new comer. Some eyes were uninterested, other were judging and other were just plain confused.

I walked towards the teacher present and gave him my file of transfer. He gave it a once over while nodding. After a short while he addressed me and said, "So Valarie Wright, welcome to the class. Make yourself comfortable and find a free spot."

I had this extreme urge to tell him that there was only one free spot in the whole room but I held it in. I walked towards the far right where the chair and the desk were, trying my best to ignore all of the eyes following my every move. Especially a pair that is named Zack Levi.

He's probably smirking and laughing at me inside for falling this far down after calling him an empty brain the day before. Things really bite you back like a bitch.

Thankfully the whole ordeal broke down and regular lectures resumed. I was almost, if not, completely blocked out during the lessons because first, we had already learned about the topics at the pilot section last semester. In fact, I have already aced the whole thing. And second, I was utterly confused and bored out of my wits in this so-called assignment I was given.

Lunch time rolled in and I was just about to walk out when Selena came to my table and flipped her hair back. She looked at me and smirked, "Used to be so high and mighty but now look at you." She commented before strutting away. Yes, actual strutting.

Well at least I didn't get slapped or something I said to myself as I stood up. Or rather, before my attempt to stand was interrupted. I looked at Zack and heaved the deepest sigh I could muster.

"What is it this time? Can't a girl get some peace?" I asked him.

"A girl?" He scoffed at me as if challenging me to show him my genitals and prove what I just said.

"Yes Zack. I'm asking if you can't get some peace or something that you have to continuously harass me." I told him with an exasperated sigh and nudged him a little to finally move out of the classroom. Of course, with the walking mouth following right behind.

"What makes you think that you are worth har-," He suddenly stopped talking as if something dawned on him, "Did you just imply that I'm a girl?" He asked and seemed to be very irritated.

I didn't answer him and just kept on walking through the hallway towards the tree I often sit under during lunch time. But before I could do that, he pulled my arm harshly to make me face him. I winced. I mean, I was supposed to wince, wasn't I?

"What is your problem?" I hissed. I just wanted to sleep and even that's a feat?

Zack slammed me on the lockers with force but not too much for it to be painful. He caged me in that position with both his arms to the side of my face, obviously showing that between us, he's the one with the upper hand. Meanwhile, I was imagining 57 different ways that I could have escaped him in 3 seconds.

"I – am – not – a – girl." Zack said mincing every words of the statement.

I gasped as if I just had the greatest realization of my life and then kicked him in the groin. The least painful way I was able to think of. He screamed and doubled over on the floor.