Chapter 3

I am barely wrong when I say that something is not going to go well.

And I have proven that to be true when Zack and I entered the classroom and the teacher asked us where we were. Of course, as per instruction, we informed him that we were at the Principal's office. And that's when our classmates lost it and left and right, we got bombarded with questions and speculations.

Thankfully, neither I nor Zack was in the mood to entertain their thoughts.

I was too preoccupied by the fact that someone knew me when I was with my parents and she knew them personally too. Knew my family enough to have my grandmother's phone number. The thought scares me, to be very honest. I didn't know what to expect and I didn't know what I was going to hear.

I'm not one who depend on other people much but I was glad my grandmother was going to that dinner too. Otherwise, I couldn't be too sure not to break down.

Then as if a static had drawn my eyes to Zack, I looked at him and once again, the scowl was very apparent. What's up his ass?

*

The last bell of the day finally rang and I made my way out to the front gate. I tied my shoelaces tight and was about to sprint away going to the agency when somebody grab a hold of my bag and stopped me.

I was a millisecond away to flip the hand over my head for doing what he/she did but thankfully, I saw Zack in the corner of my eyes.

I glared at him, "What are you doing?"

"I would like to ask you the same thing." He said looking at me weirdly.

"Going to my grandmother." I said.

"You and your grandmother are going to have dinner with us, Remember?"

I stopped momentarily. Damn it. I forgot! I was just looking forward for a good run this afternoon. I cursed under my breathe and stood beside Zack, awkwardly waiting for his mom.

Finally, after 849 seconds (yes, I counted), Mrs. Levi's car pulled up in front of us. She gave me a toothy smile which I couldn't help but return.

"Good afternoon!" I greeted her.

"Good afternoon." She replied motioning for us to join her in the car.

Zack rode shotgun and I climbed at the back. Mrs. Levi turned to me and asked, "How was the rest of your day?"

I shrugged. "Just the same. It's my first day in that class so I think I need time to adjust."

Her lips formed into a thin line. Her face seemed like she wanted to say something to me but she decided not to. She smiled apologetically, which I didn't understand at all but because she faced the front again to start driving, I didn't have the chance to ask.

As we drove along, we entered a village that I haven't been in before, I noticed that the houses were bigger and trees started to line up spaces that hid the houses from each other. About sixteen houses later and five minutes of trees, we turned left and went down a road that didn't seem to have anything around it until big iron gate with a security post on the side, came into view. The security opened the gates for us.

We reached the front of their house and stopped after driving through a long driveway. I found my grandmother pulling up at the side opposite to where Mrs. Levi parked. I saw that as my escape ticket and bolted out of the car and walked towards her. I called out with all the smiles and enthusiasm I could muster, "Grandma!" 

But even as I excitedly called out to her. One look to my eyes and she can see the thirty questions I had about the whole thing. Okay, maybe not thirty. Yet.