Chapter 7

Zack, the dumbass, didn't run. He grabbed the closest thing to him, which was a toaster, and threw it to the man in front of me and need I say, that of course he easily dodged it. At that point, I growled.

"I'm telling you to run you idiot!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"I can't leave you here. That will make me a douche." He said coming closer to where I was. Damn his ego.

"This is really touching but, I don't have all night!" The man finally said before lunging at us.

I hissed but as he struck with his knife to the upper side of my chest, I pushed Zack backwards with my whole body and then couched down low before stretching my right foot in a weird angle and then locking the left foot of the man pulling it towards me.

But the man didn't move an inch. He smirked at me as if slapping to my face that my attempts were a fail. So I did the next best thing, I kicked him in the groin. Not in one hit but with one long collision where I didn't take my foot away in between his manhood but I added an even harder pressure.

The man growled in pain and collapsed on the floor.

"What the hell Valarie, is doing that a fetish?" Zack blabbered behind me.

I walked to him, grabbed his collar and put our faces nose to nose before screaming, "Shut up!"

He squirmed with the sudden loud voice but before he could say something more stupid, I pulled away and grabbed his hand running towards the front doors and out into the cold night.

As we run, I kept repeating the words stupid and dumbass and jerk and ego like a broken vinyl but not slowing down the pace. I could hear Zack's breathing behind me and was very thankful that he's an athlete because he was keeping up well.

We were almost at the gate when I started hearing a different pace of steps that doesn't match ours. It was faster and it was getting nearer. I suddenly stopped from my tracks and I felt Zack bump into me but before another second passed, I pulled him forcefully forward and changing our position.

And right on time, I came face to face with the man. A very angry man that I could have acknowledged for his tolerance in pain if he wasn't out to kill us.

Without missing a beat, I punched his nose and I heard a crack.

However, even though the man's head leaned back because of the impact, he didn't lose his footing. And even with the blood coming out of his nose, his stance was unwavering.

"Holy shit!" Zack shouted behind me.

"Damn you girl." The man said as he pulled me by the collar and grabbed his knife and put it on my neck.

"No!" Zack screamed, "Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

"You do not ask me questions. I will not be doing the answering," The man smirked evilly before glancing at Zack behind me, "You are."

I heard Zack's angry footsteps coming closer. Clearly unhappy with the taunt that the man had given him. He suddenly lunged at the both of us making us out of balance before he grabbed me and then kicked the man hard on the stomach.

I wasn't able to see if he had fallen or not because Zack was already dragging me behind him with a faster pace than the first. But as soon as we escaped through the gates, I pulled him to stop and gestured to go to the security post.

"Where's the gate's control?" I asked him swiftly moving around the small post trying to find something.

"How would I know?!" Zack threw his arms up.