promise

-"Ya I can't believe schools tomorrow and your not going to be there."

-"Same" I sighed. " what makes me more uncomfortable is the fact that I might have to be in the same class with luke."

Sally laughter bursted through my eardrums like fire set to a flame.
-"well to be fair-r" she tried to catch her breath, "you two are kinda cute together."

I rolled my eyes and slapped the palm of my hand onto my forehead unintentionally strong
-" Sally you dont even know hi-"

-" hold up hold up, Ezra is calling. I'll call you back in a sec."

-"fine-" before I could finish my word my phone beeped thrice and I started at the screen.

Sally and I have been talking for the past hour and 53 minutes, but if you'd ask me, I don't remember a thing we were talking about.

It was sunday, the most stressful day of the week. Tomorrow morning I'd have to wake up to a bunch of unknown faces which made me nauseous to say at least, I was terrified of the idea. Austin on the other hand couldnt tame his excitement and was anxious to find other girls to hit on.

I sat near my bedrooms window which had a clear view of Luke's front porch ,where he would always sit, along with a side view of his seemingly empty bedroom.
I layed my head on my desk with pens and paper scraps catered all over that would  fall on the floor every time the wind blew.

It's been two months already.
Schools tomorrow.
I couldnt wait to be over with the first semester alread since I was filled with hope that we'd be moving back to the city by then.

I sighed intensively rubbing my eyes, I glanced over at the dirty bedroom floor with disturbed my thinking and I immediately sat down on my pink carpet and got to organizing the mess I had made in the past two weeks.
I then somehow ended up thinking about the same topic that would always pop up in my head.

Luke.

Luke didn't seem to be the kind of guy who'd go out on family vacations.
He seemed to hate his family either way, so why would he?

I stood up randomly with my sight got blurry and black, I waited for a few seconds holding the stack of folded clothes that wobbled between my hands before i continued on to my closet that had clothes dropping all over.
The sight of Luke's empty home never bothered me.
until now.
I hadn't seen him in the past two weeks, and he never gave me back the third letter that by now, was practically his.
What also bothered me more is the fact that he was no where to be seen and school was in the next 13 hours.

-"Dyllll-aaaaaaann" Austin mocked me as he leaned onto my bedrooms door.
I tilted my head as I waited him to speak but instead was striked in the face with something.

-" owweeee?!"

-" dinners ready-" he said in a low voice.

-" did you really have to hit me with-" I paused to see what was flung at my face. "- your toy from when you were five?!"

-" uh ya, why was it in your room?!" He rolled his eyes in disgust. " I dont really care, just stop stalking that guy dude, we already know you like him."

He turned around and left immediately.

-"who said I lik- " I paused in the middle of my sentence knowing it was impossible for him to hear the test of the sentence since he was already down stairs.

I got up and stared out the window.

Wow, maybe hes right, why am I constantly checking out the window.

I then convinced myself that I should stop staring at his house but as I turned my back the sound of a loud truck filled the neighborhood and I was at the window once again.
Luke was finally back after a long family vacation with his not so ideal family.
I watched them unload the trunk as everyone worked quietly. His grandfather seemed mad and unamused, but that wasnt unusual. Luke's face showed that the past 2 weeks were living hell as he rolled his eyes every few seconds.
A mid 40s woman walked out of the truck and headed immediately inside while Luke desperately looked at the at the woman who seemed to be very useless, He then proceeded to unload 3 brightly colored bags, that were for sure hers.
I watched every step he took until I saw him look up into my bedrooms window.
My face turned red and I started to sweat immediately before I jumped and hid out of sight.

I ran down stairs as I breathed rapidly. My family looked at me confused but didnt say a word since this was very usual.

We all sat down at the table filled with food my grandmother had cooked for us since my uncle would be here tomorrow as she would be leaving early morning, for her to go back home after spending a month or so with her second eldest daughter.

I took a seat next to my grandmother as she filled my plate with the boiling hot food. Austin looked at me with a poker face then continued to mocked me and laughed, I said no word and looked at him grossly, he then sat down on my left and whispered into my ear
-"wheres your boyfriend huh?" And smirked.
Before I could answer him the door knocked and Austin and I faught on who would get up and open.
I was the forced to get up at the sound of the door being knocked again.
I ran as fast as I can and slid on the floor beneath me.
The dark maroon door swang open and I was shoved into the door frame. The almost 6 feet boy stood infront of me and blood filled my cheeks turning them red.

I was always the kind of person who got embarrassed quickly and would turn red within seconds, but with luke it's always different.

-" heyyYyy gurlll."
I laughed as Luke's voice cracked as he goofed around at my front door.

-"hey luke, what's up?" I gazed at how dreamy he looked even when he seemed exhausted and snapped out of it once he spoke again.

-"nothin' much, just got back from the 'amaaaazinggg' trip with my very cool family" he rolled his eyes as he got angrier.

-" who's the woman?" I raised my chin pointing towards his house.

-"oh so you've been stalking me?" He laughed.

-" mmmm maybe a bit" I sqwinched my eyes "but really what do you need, they're already eating all the good food."

-"well first off, shes my aunt who I havent seen since my moms funeral, I'm just here to check that you're going to school tomorrow so if ya wanna come with" he smiled "you can go now." He shewed me away.

I was shook with how sweet he was.
-" oh, well thank you and ya I'll check with my dad." I smiled.

-" you'll wait for me though at the end of the day though  right?"

I smiled crazily and said no word.
He them carried on and said:

-" promise?"

-"I promise."