Void

I was running.
I felt my mouth getting drier by the minute.
My ponytail loosened slightly everytime my foot smashed on the dirt lying beneath me.
I could almost feel the cold blood rushing through my arteries and gushing into my body as my heart pumbed rhythmically.
My stomach tightened and my eyes clinched in pain.
I felt my rib cage rise and fall deeper with ever breath I took.

I wasnt sure of what I was running from, I tried to concentrate on the flashing images that would appear randomly around me. But no matter how hard i tried, I couldnt figure out what they showed.

I suddenly started getting slower as my legs got heavier, there was nothing I should be running from?
Is there?

I came to pause infront of a gigantic mirror that stood infront of me, my image was very blurry and I quickly lost focus when I felt pain in both my hands.
I looked down, they were covered in blood I then glanced at my feet in despair. They were all bruised and muddy from a the running.

I was worried, and my heart raced fast once again.
I came closer to the mirror.

It was still blurry but slightly clearer, it was framed with golden detailing that radiated intensively into vibrant shades of the yellow metal, it had a few cracks around its corners, some bigger than the others, nevertheless, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I once again stared back at the mirror, my hands seemed healed and my feet were no longer bruised.
I looked back at myself once again in confusion to indeed see myself cut in several places, but this time seemingly painless. I tried to wipe the blood off on the tiny shorts I was wearing but that didnt quite work out.

I was still very confused, I felt a cool breeze brush against my skin as goosebumps appeared all over, I turned around rapidly and once again to look back at the shining mirror,but it had disappeared and instead bright light beamed into my eyes.

I shut them hard, and covered the light with my arms. Once my eyes accommodated to the lights.
A weird unfamiliar series of letters and numbers flashed into my face.
I felt lost.

7D 14 4 R T 9S 11

*****
I sat up impulsively rubbing my eyes. I sighed as I pushed back my brown curls with the tip of my nails slightly touching onto my scalp.

I looked to my left at my brother that was sound asleep. I was drained and tired.
3:11 am
My phone flashed into my face,
why do I always wake up at the same time?

I got up and out of my bed to the kitchen bumping into some boxes that were in the way but managed to catch them before they slammed onto the floor.
I whispered to myself.
-" huh, good job! Future flash? Maybe!"
And high fived myself quietly.
I went into the kitchen turning on the blinding lights.
Guess I'm not a stranger to that anymore.
I filled a glass half way with water and drank it slowly while checking out all the text messeges I had received shortly after telling my friends the terrible news.

I headed out into the living room opening up the windows widely and sticking my head out into the warm breeze that was getting cooler by the day.
No one was outside, it seemed pretty quiet except the occasional police sirens you would be able to hear, even though everyone was in their homes, the street lights shined vividly as if it was alive.

Guess the city actually doesn't sleep.

I looked up into the dark skies in hope to find some stars to stare at.
But as usual I was disappointed, the bright lights that lite up the skies.

Guess that's something I had missed about living in town.

I then closed the windows and headed back upstairs into my room when I recieved a text from my father.
I didnt reply, but instead I shut my phone and went back to my deep sleep, to dream once again.