Part 8

Madhuri Dixit as Laya Kapur
Anil Kapoor as Jai Verma
Sumeet Raghavan as Karan Kapur
Preity Zinta As Tina Verma
...........................................................

Laya opened her eyes and looked at Jai. A tear dropped down to her cheekbones. He kissed the tear.

Jai was happy and with a smile on his face he said: "I am here! I've talked enough and you've heard enough. Let's take a break... I have to call the nurse. Be right back."

Laya didn't want to let him go. She tried to hold him with her hand. Jai looked at her.
They looked at each other for 2 minutes.

Jai: "Don't worry, I'm here. I sit here but you have to rest a bit. "

Laya winked him. She smiled him and he smiled her back.

Jai sat next to her and looked at her. Laya didn't have much strength, so she closes her eyes. But she was holding Jai with her hand.

So Jai stayed next to her. Few hours later the door opened and Karan came in. He saw Jai crying and how he held Laya's hand. He was jealous. Jai noticed it and let go of her hand. Laya was so deeply asleep that she didn't notice anything.

Karan: "I told you to work with your brain and not with your heart. Otherwise I will send her to another hospital or call another doctor who can take care of her!"
Jai: "I won't let go of her! And don't worry! Just because I'm sad doesn't mean I only work with my heart. As you know she was and she is still my first love! But she is yours. Your wife! I know that! It hurts to see her in this situation! Can you understand me? If not, then I'm so sorry, I can't help you.
And just because of your jealousy won't you risk her life and take her to another hospital...? Or? I think you're trading with your heart, not me! ""

Karan looked him very angry.

Karan: "Do your work but don't give her any hopes ! No false hopes!"

Jai: "I can no longer give her anything, she has everything that was mine! The hopes too! Ah, by the way, she is doing better!"

Jai went to his treatment room.
He thought about it all the time. He saw her watery eyes ... her hopeful watery eyes with her hopeful smile. He also knew that it was too late. He missed her so much but he had to keep his distance. For her safety!

In the evening, Jai saw that Karan was no longer there. He went to her room again.

Jai caressed her face. He took a wet cloth and wiped her dry eyes, nose area and mouth with it. Laya opened her eyes. Jai looked at her with a smile on his face.

Jai: "I'm back. As promised!"

Laya looked at him with an expectant expression. She tried to say something.

Laya: "Jaaai."
Jai: "Yes Laya."

Laya took a deep breath. She was still weak. Jai noticed.

Jai: "Laya, sleep a bit. If you have strength again, we will have a lot of time to talk. Now you need some rest and time. "

Laya: "ahh I love you," she said with a lot of strength. A Few tears dropped down. Jai was surprised. He knew that she was still in love with him. But still he was very surprised at that moment.

Laya: "Don't leave me, Jai."
Jai: "Shhh!" He pulled her blanket up. And looked at her.

Jai: "I love you too Laya. I love you too!"

He kissed her forehead and looked into her eyes.

Jai: "I love you too. Much more than my own life! Much more than you love me. Now sleep a bit. I'm here."

He sat next to her bed.

Jai had given her false hopes. Although he didn't want to ... But he couldn't change it.

He was very different near her! He forgot everything, the world, the problems...
He only saw her pain!