seventy.

"You're pregnant?" Clay exclaimed, his eyes popping out of his head in shock. She sat on the unused bed, looking at Zach and Clay who were sat on his bed.

"I might be," she replied, checking the timer on her phone. "I have one minute and seven seconds left." She was lightly pulling on the ends of her hair, twiddling her rings and biting her lip. She was nervous. Having a baby would throw her whole life off track. "I've left it for two weeks."

"So you've sat in this bubble of possibility instead of finding out straight away?" Clay asked. Elizabeth nodded her head and kept her head down. She was so fucking nervous, she didn't know how she would feel if she saw two lines. They sat in this weird, tense silence until the timer went off.

"I don't want to look." She moaned, covering her eyes. "Someone check it for me." She heard heavy footsteps walk to the bathroom and appear again. She looked up to Zach, who's eyebrows were turned upwards in sympathy.

Meaning she was pregnant.

She was having a child.

She's only 18.

Holy fuck.

Clay had sat beside her and brought her into a hug, consoling her as she wept. She always knew she was, but now that she had the confirmation, it was all too real. He was holding her tightly, leaving tear stains on his dark hoodie.

"I'm going to call Justin." Zach spoke, standing up from Clay's bed once again and walking over to the door.

"No!" She shouted, Zach turning to face her. "I can't tell him yet, I don't know what he will say." Clay pulled her hand down gently, and she had sat back down and returned to the hug with Clay.

"You need to tell him soon. He deserves to know." Clay whispered. "When did it happen?" She lifted her head from his shoulder and avoided his gaze, her eyes falling to his hand that held hers tightly. Clay was such an amazing friend, you could go to him for anything and everything, and you'd know that he'd always help in someway.

"My party." She answered quietly. "I was meant to get my period the next day, and it didn't appear. So I assumed that I was pregnant, but I didn't want to confirm it. I thought that if I forget about it, it would go away." Her grip on his hand grew tighter, tears falling once again. "How would my dad feel? He'd be so disappointed in me."

"I don't know what your dad is like, but parents are going to be terrified when their child has a baby. No matter how old they are." Clay mentioned. "But if you need a place to stay, I have a bed that will come in use." Elizabeth laughed through her tears.

"Your sleepover bed." She giggled. Clay had joined in too.

"Yeah. We can be 10 years old and eat snacks, drink non alcoholic beverages, and forget about everything." He reassured her.

"Thank you, Clay."

Elizabeth arrived home and the house was still dark. Usually Sunday's are lazy days, so everyone spends the day in bed or doing whatever they dream of doing. For Justin, Sunday was only having to get up to pee. For her dad and Sofia, they usually slept in late and enjoyed a meal out at a restaurant. But this Sunday for Elizabeth was going to be the worst, depending on Justin's reaction.

She'd gone upstairs and entered her room, the TV playing a show that only Justin watched. And she heard his giggles as she walked in. It was difficult to even look at him, as she knew such a big secret that he didn't. Part of her wanted to see how long she could go without saying something, as she told EVERYTHING to Justin. But it was cruel to not tell him. He was the father after all.

Elizabeth slid her shoes off, placing them neatly onto her shoe rack. Finally she had turned to face him, but he still had his eyes glued to the TV. She had coughed, getting his attention. Justin had climbed out of bed and walked round the posts before embracing her. "Where did you go this morning?"

She hadn't even thought about her alibi, but blurred out a semi-truth. "I went to Target with Zach." He smiled and kissed the side of her head, before quickly jogging to the bathroom. She felt in her pocket for the pregnancy test, seeing the two red lines extremely prominent against the white background.

The toilet had flushed and she quickly hid it back in her pocket, Justin emerging from the bathroom and fuddling with the strings on his sweatpants. She'd gotten up as soon as he sat down, a frown appearing on his face as she had made her way to the door.

"Where are you going?" He spoke softly, looking up at her with the PlayStation controller in his hand. "I wanted a hug." She felt bad now. But he'd eventually feel a solid object in her pocket and wonder what it is. So she had to decline.

"I'm making us breakfast," she replied, clutching her stomach. "Is french toast okay?" Justin nodded and grinned at her, leaving her enough time to figure out how to tell Justin.